• movielover
    David Cornwelll, the no. 4 rated pocket passer by ESPN in 2014, has graduated. 6'5", 228#s, can play right away and has 2 yrs left.

Alabama chose to start a true frosh at QB, so 3 QBs have jumped ship.
  • CA Forever
    It's always nice to dream. There will be a ton of schools after him.
  • movielover
    We we're good enough for Ken O'Brien, and we have a Pac 12 HC!
  • CA Forever
    Not impossible, just improbable. I would be ecstatic if he came to Davis, I just have a hard time believing it would even be on his radar.
  • movielover
    And what if he has to play third banana again? Way better odds here.
  • CA Forever
    I don't disagree with you, but a lot of those kids who go to schools like Bama don't think that they will ever ride the bench, somebody does but they never think it will be them. He will most likely transfer to a mid level FBS school.
  • 72Aggie
    So you can get a degree at 'Bama, the Harvard of Dixie, in about three years while playing an intercollegiate sport?
  • Zander
    If he graduated then that means he can use the Vernon Adams Rule and start immediately in FBS, right? Because if so then that right there kills our chances.
  • movielover
    Yes and no. He has to thread the needle ... a good program will usually have QBs, he doesn't't want to get buried at a bad program, a scholarship has to be available, he won't go to a program that runs the veer, etc.
  • aggie6thman
    There's a phrase I'm thinking of.....oh yeah, snowball's chance in hell. Absolutely no way this guy is coming to Davis or has ever heard of UC Davis.
  • OldAggie
    You beat me to it...no way. Let's see, I'm a QB on the number 1 team in the country, I can transfer to any D-1 without sitting out, but I'm going to some FCS in California that doesn't even have a study hall. Sorry, but there are better odds my wife is giving me that super-car I drooled over last weekend in SF for Christmas. Yeah, it's possible she might finance a car with monthly lease payments that equal our house payment, but sadly, not probable.
  • BlueGoldAg
    O'k, OldAggie..don't just leave us hanging in suspense..what car were you drooling over?
  • movielover
    "You beat me to it...no way. Let's see, I'm a QB on the number 1 team in the country, I can transfer to any D-1 without sitting out, but I'm going to some FCS in California that doesn't even have a study hall...."

... and this QB hasn't thrown a pass in 3 years, and since he is graduating early, probably doesn't need a study hall. ... Anyway, phone calls are cheap these days... maybe he was a fan of Hawk's on ESPN... if he took us into the second round of the FCS playoffs, that would be another selling point for him to the NFL. ... and we're in Caleee-forni-aaaaa, not Bosman or Fargo.
  • RollOnYouAgs
    And Hawkins isn't really someone who played for Bama with a coaching staff chalk full of former and future name brand head coaches. He will transfer to a place like Cal that had had success with grad transfers and a proven receiving corps.
  • 72Aggie
    The Ducks might be salivating over a QB with a degree and TWO years left. They may be tired of this one and done approach.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!