• BlueGoldAg
    From the Enterprise:

"In addition to a starting salary of $262,500, new UC Davis head football coach Dan Hawkins can earn another $25,000 annually by meeting certain incentives built into his five-year contract, according to Aggie Athletic Director Kevin Blue."

Read more here:

http://www.davisenterprise.com/sports/a-closer-look-at-aggie-coach-hawkins-contract/
  • BlueGoldAg
    The things that stood out to me in this article is that Blue says we are committed to paying our assistant coaches at the top of the Big Sky so that the assistants can afford to live in Davis, and that the salary pool for the assistants will be entirely donor funded.

What a difference bringing in Hawkins has made with the donors!
  • agalum
    i had the same thought. It seems we are on the road to success.
  • aggie6thman
    @BlueGoldAg Also goes to show you how much Gould had alienated donors/football alums.
  • OldAggie
    I'm sure the losing has alienated donors, but our donations sucked before Gould even got here. The donors I know, including me, really like Gould as a person and he was a big reason I continued to participate in the fundraiser golf tourney and gave my money to football (I choose what sports get my money based on my perception of need). What alienates me the most is the fact I've donated to baseball for 20 years as well, and I can't see anything tangible for it. Still no locker room, covered batting cage, shade covers, or lights. UCD needs to do a better job in showing this is what you got (or are going to get) for your money. Liz Martin is doing a good job of that now, but where has that been the past 20 years? We have been so small time for so long. Blue is taking us in the right direction.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!