• Oldbanduhalum
    Per this tweet, Jonah Underwood shattered the backboard yesterday. That takes a lot of power. He's definitely someone I'm interested in seeing this year.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Wow...you don't see that very often today with the spring loaded rims. I'm hoping Underwood will be a pleasant surprise for us. It seems like he was one of those "under the radar" kids with a lot of potential who Les found and gave him a shot. Both the men's and women's teams have a lot of new faces and it's going to be interesting to watch them develop and come together this fall.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    When Chima came to UCD, I thought it was odd that Les red-shirted him for a year. Usually coaches go to the juco ranks to fill immediate needs, with the assumption that juco players are more advanced than incoming freshman. Of course, now we know that Chima had a ton of natural talent, but needed that RS year to really learn the nuances of the D1 game...and that certainly worked! I'm wondering if Underwood was in the same boat.

Regardless, I'm hoping we see a lot from him, Jackson, and Nelson.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wonder any of our new recruits, Damion Squire, Cameron Ba, Caleb Fuller and B.J. Shaw will possibly see any playing time as true freshmen as well? There's a lot of new pieces to the puzzle this year.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah, with Gonzalez, Underwood, Neufeld, along with the freshman you mentioned, RS freshman Nelson, and Jackson (who didn't play a whole lot), that's a lot of unknown talent, and a ton of potential. Could be a very exciting year!
  • 69aggie
    With AJ back maybe makes sense to RS Jonah. Jackson is a real puzzle. He was an incredible HS athlete with tons of potential, but we never got to really see him play. Big question for Neufeld is whether he’s athletic enough to compete at this level.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think Underwood redshirted last year and Jackson was sidelined with some illness for much of the season.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!