• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie home game start times for the 2018-19 season have been set. I have been advocating for later start times for a long time for the games in September and early October because of the extreme heat we often have for those games. Thankfully, the athletics department has finally taken heed of many of us Aggie fans complaining about these games starting during the heat of the day and made some very welcome changes to the start times.

The San Diego game on September 8th and the Idaho game on September 22nd will start at 7 p.m. and the Idaho State game on October 13th will start at 4 p.m. These games will now be a lot more pleasant for the fans and healthier for the players as well.

UC Davis Football - 2018 Schedule

Date Opponent Time
    Aug. 30 at San José State TBA
    Sept. 8 San Diego 7 p.m.
    Sept. 15 at Stanford TBA
    Sept. 22 Idaho* 7 p.m.
    Oct. 6 at Northern Colorado* TBA
    Oct. 13 Idaho State* 4 p.m.
    Oct. 20 at Cal Poly* TBA
    Oct. 27 at Montana* TBA
    Nov. 3 Northern Arizona* 1 p.m.
    Nov. 10 at Eastern Washington* TBA
    Nov. 17 Sacramento State* 1 pm.

http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/050418aae.html
  • AggieFinn
    7 pm, nice
  • DrMike
    better book some hotel rooms for those nights! 10:30 finish time!
  • DrMike
    Fall quarter begins the week of Sept 24,2018 so hotels on September 22 will be at a premium. I booked in Dixon for that night.
  • quadshock
    Oh thank goodness. No more cooking in the bleachers
  • DrMike
    Last 7:00 start I recall was Montana. Later start for roots tv broadcast. That’s when the lights went off at 10:00 ( someone forgot to turn off the automatic timer) during our potential game tying last minute drive. I can still picture the Aggie Pack moving in mass to the southern end of the bleachers when the lights came on in order to get a better view
  • AggieFinn

And GD threw a second pick to the future NFL CB Trumaine Johnson to end the game. Man, that was a surreal finish.
  • DrMike
    I thought we went for a LONG field goal that fell way short?
  • Zander
    sounds more like a Gould Game (TM).
  • DrMike
    Finn's memory is better than mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5aXDr6oWio

17-10 loss, with interception in the endzone. i think i might be thinking of the Northern Colorado miracle game finish. weren't we scrambling at the end to get into field goal range, and had a penalty that forced us out of a long FG into the hail mary? i can still see us running out for a desparation field goal, confusion, penalty flags, then elation!
  • DrMike
    it was the UNC game that i was mistakenly thinking of:

" Denham worked UC Davis down the field, running for five yards and completing three of four passes, the last of which was an eight-yard connection to Grant on an out route inbounds at the 33-yard line.

After a spiked pass to stop the clock, the Aggies’ field goal unit took the field with 8.9 seconds remaining, and Sean Kelley lined up for a career-long 50-yard try.

“To be perfectly honest, that was going to be a heck of a kick for Sean Kelley,” Biggs said. “There was a tailwind and I thought, ‘If we’re going to finish, we’re going to let Sean finish.'”

A false start penalty changed that, as the would-be 55-yard attempt would have been too far out of the redshirt freshman’s range.

The offense retook the field, and after an incomplete pass to the middle of the field, Denham found a vaulting Grant in the end zone for the win."
  • AggieFinn

SochorField, 6th, 05 and myself set up shop right behind the goalposts. SF was not pleased
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!