• The Big Easy
    Didn't mean to suggest Aaron Rogers wasn't good at Cal...just saying as the pro he is now...he is crazy off the charts good. He made it no secret that he worked at it off season.
  • Riveraggie
    I think Hunter Rodrigues is the only local QB, not counting walkons. He’s a American River College transfer just a sophomore next season
    Movie, time will tell whether D is improved; but I think we will be. I like that the players were quoted that they are trying to be disruptive vs being a containment type defense. I think the underclassmen, redshirts and perhaps a freshman or two will end up being better than the guys we lost to graduation; and the returning starters will be more seasoned. There are many guys who were recruited in the last three years on D that are going to get their chance; I hope we are a lot better,
    If you look at our game notes depth chart from end of season we’re not losing anyone who is going to be hard to replace with guys already here. We’ll have some newcomers who will win some spots.
  • The Big Easy
    I am worried for the players when it comes to the Stanford game.

Those are some big mofos and they played tough football against USC...another team with big mofos.

I hope we can get out of there without losing key players (esp.interior linemen) to season ending injuries that will impact the rest of the season.

This is not the Stanford of 2005!
  • Riveraggie
    If you watched later Stanford games in 2005 they had a 260lb fullback named Nick Frank who was unstoppable, Larry Csonka like. I watched the Stanford UCLA game that year that Stanford lost in overtime, and tackling him was like tackling a whale.
    In our game he had 3 carries!! for 17yards. And this in a game where they lose their starting QB early. Is that bad coaching or what?
  • Riveraggie
    Article on official site about the game. Plough comments on players who made strides. Tucker mentions no one. Plough mentioned Tehran so even though he wasn’t mentioned elsewhere is still around. Harrell stood out, which is promising.
    I don’t see Aaron Moore on roster. He did a good job last fall.
  • movielover
    Moore did a fantastic job last fall, breakout athleticism.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hope Moore is still with us but it doesn't look like it. He was special last year.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I am seeing stuff on their twitter page for a "Junior Day." What exactly is that for?
  • Riveraggie
    I hope Moore’s not transferring to UCLA.
    Just kidding.
  • movielover
    Possibly high school SA in their junior year. I know the IA schools lock up kids early. Probably our start on evaluating SA for the next recruiting cycle.
  • Riveraggie
    Not much information came out of spring camp.
    The defensive coordinator said that players were moved to new positions and that they simplified coverages for the new guys so they could play fast, so there are new guys coming off their redshirt year who will be factors, but no names mentioned.
    We return 80+% of the guys on the defense depth chart.
    Here are the guys returning, not counting redshirts. I'm just listing it to show we have an unusually large returning group; not counting redshirts, who are numerous.
    The list is from our defense depth chart for the last game, so this is their class status as of this 2017-18:
    DE 96 Hunter O’BRION 6-5 280 Jr.
    DT 91 Nick FEHRENBACH 6-0 235
    71 De’Andre MORGAN 6-3 260 Fr.
    99 Bryce RODGERS 6-3 285 So.
    NT 57 Terrell CLOUD 6-0 290 Jr.
    94 Jordan FRANKLIN 6-1 285 So.
    97 Andrew WILSON 6-2 300 RFr. .
    RE 6 Anthony BAUMGART 6-1 240 Jr.
    48 Brandon JAMISON 6-3 235 So.
    SLB 36 Connor AIREY 6-0 215 RFr.
    34 Mason MOE 6-0 210 Jr. Human Dev.
    MLB 33 Quincy BENNETT 6-4 240 So.
    42 Christian LEOTA 6-2 250 So.
    WLB 11 Nas ANESI 6-2 225 So.
    45 Eric FLOWERS 6-1 228 So.
    CB 31 Desmond LEWIS 6-0 175 Sr.
    5 Isiah OLAVE 5-10 190 Jr. Int.
    16 Erron DUNCAN 5-9 190 RFr.
    S 39 Tiger GARCIA 6-3 181 So.
    26 Josh JANUSKA 5-9 179 So.
    28 Ryan PARENTEAU 6-2 200 Jr.
    CB 1 Isaiah THOMAS 5-9 170 RFr.
    23 Jaylin WHITE 5-10 158 Fr.
    20 Vincent WHITE 6-0 187 Jr.
  • NCagalum

And Bill Fleming doing the game with Ara Parsegiam (sp?) doing color. On ABC.
  • DrMike
    junior day is tomorrow. First time I believe we’re doing it. Gives recruits and kids who want to be recruited a change to meet the staff, tour campus and facilities, meet with academic reps. NCAA is now allowing alum to talk to recruits and parents as long as its on campus. That will be part of it also
  • movielover
    Cal Poly adds 8 Juco players and 1 Nevada DB transfer. Coach Walsh claims big progress.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!