• Oldbanduhalum
    What a disastrous start for the Big West. Pre-season favorite LBSU is 1-8, tough schedule but they've had some stinkers, too, losing to both Binghamton and Florida Golf Coast. Irvine plays @ Santa Clara tonight, so maybe we'll see how our 5 point win over SCU stacks up.

Big West Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL
    UC Davis 0-0 5-3
    Hawai'i 0-0 4-3
    Cal Poly 0-0 3-4
    UC Irvine 0-0 3-4
    Cal State Fullerton 0-0 2-4
    CS Northridge 0-0 2-5
    UC Riverside 0-0 1-3
    Long Beach State 0-0 1-8
    UC Santa Barbara 0-0 0-5
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Take a photo of those standings!! :D
  • aggie6thman
    I watched Northridge play Mew Mexico at the Wooden Legacy at Fullerton. They don't have a high basketball IQ, but they are quick and athletic. They ended up losing 106-89 (or something like that) but it was a track meet that was above the rim.

I believe they ended up losing all three games at the tournament, but as I was watching them play I was thinking about how we don't match up well with them, and really, we never have.

It's going to be another one bid year for the Big West.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    When we play csun (and beach, too) it'll be who can dictate the tempo. We'll want to slow it down and grind it out with defense, they'll want to get out and run. Should be fun to watch.
  • aggie6thman
    Absolutely, but it is going to be an uphill struggle for us.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Irvine beat SCU by 3. Not that the transitive property always works in basketball, but at least we are in the ball park with our 5 point win over SCU. Of course, I think Irvine is still missing their best player (Nelson).
  • Davisbear
    Awful non conference start for the Big West, hopefully it improves
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!