• DrMike
    Interesting article on GCU basketball. For profit school that’s raking in money, much from federal financial aid. They are really pushing basketball as a way to get their name out there. Great facilities, and a budget of $4.3M (from what I can find we are around $1.8M similar to other BWC schools). Pac12 teams in Arizona are NOT big fans

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22437323/grand-canyon-only-profit-team-division-is-building-monster-desert
  • BlueGoldAg
    What Grand Canyon is doing in their athletics programs as a for profit university is controversial for sure but many of their supporters say that what they are only doing what many of the other college elite power programs have been doing secretly for years. I don't like the idea of massive sums of private and corporate money pouring into Grand Canyon's athletics program at such a meteoric pace. We all know that the "win at any cost" mind set has been tied to numerous scandals and sanctions at the top level of college athletics over the years.

College athletics based on a "corporate greed" philosophy is just a huge conflict of interest for me compared to an academics first model of athletics like ours.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!