• movielover
    Looks like short term Aggie QB Jimmy Laughrea played in Europe, and now the AFL for the Richmond Roughriders. He had a gun. He led his team to an AFL championship ... I think they won their first game 84-8. Looks like he added some muscle.

https://youtu.be/r6nAEHeYhD4

http://www.richmond.com/sports/professional/football/roughriders-roughing-it-all-the-way-to-arena-pro-football/article_2818bb21-e7b4-5aa6-badc-c4596e02bfa1.html
  • quadshock
    Good for him!
  • 69aggie
    Did he ever play for the Aggies?
  • DrMike
    A couple of games
  • DrMike
    Played in 5 games in 2013, starting 3 (from what I can tell). Wright started the opener, Laughrea relieved. Started next week v Reno and next 2. Played in game 5 but Wright had more attempts. No more stats after that. I forgot he played that much.
  • movielover
    Yes. He had a very strong arm and apparently was very immature, coming unglued on the sidelines. Receivers raved about hus arm.

The funniest thing was after one good game, radio announcer Scott Marsh asked Coach Jim Sochor how Laughrea compared to Ken O'Brien. Sochor was almost speechless.
  • OldAggie
    The kid could play...his head just kept getting in the way. Good for him.
  • Zander
    Pretty much that, although I think he started 4 games and only played one quarter at South Dakota in what was effectively a trial run.

Started and lost against Nevada, NAU (threw two back-to-back pick sixes to lose it), and PSU. Then he started against ISU and struggled so Gould put Wright back in who won the game. And that was the end of JL's Aggie career other than maybe snap or two.
  • movielover
    I think he came unglued at least once on the sidelines... and his twitter revealed he wasn't focused or serious.
  • OldAggie
    He's from my town, and he's a well-known heated competitor. He got thrown to the wolves at UCD, didn't really know the offense yet, and did some good things. Our offense sucked, and continued to suck for years, and he just didn't manage his frustration well. I'd rather have a guy who lights up players from time to time than a dead stick. This guy named Brady is known to get into it on the sidelines with guys, and he's pretty good. I was disappointed that he left, and personally felt like he let UCD down, but in the end it's the player's lives and I respect their decisions. His arm is still pretty legit.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!