• BlueGoldAg
    Former Sacramento Kings teammates and now college head coaches, Jim Les and Reggie Theus, will go head to head tonight at 7 pm in the Pavilion when CSUN comes to town. The Matadors got off to a rough start this season but are coming off two nice home wins over Riverside and Poly. The Aggies are looking for their 18th straight home win which is the 3rd longest home winning streak in the nation.

CSUN is always long and athletic and the Ags will need to take better care of the ball than they did against Hawai'i in a game in which they had 23 turnovers. The Aggies have struggled offensively against the zone defenses that most teams are using against them so it will be interesting to see if Theus has his team follow suit and zone the Ags.

The Ags must find a way to break down the zone with better perimeter shooting and penetration kick-outs which should open things up a bit for Chima Moneke inside. Until we do, teams are going to continue to play zone on us and collapse on Moneke every time he touches the ball. TJ Shorts has been special lately driving the ball to the hoop and AJ John is stroking the ball better and better with each game and we need that to continue.

Every Big West game is a tough battle. There are no easy outs in this league and any team is capable of beating any other team on any given day. The Ags are legitimate title contenders again this year so come out to the Pavilion tonight and support the Ags as they continue their quest for the Big West crown and enjoy an evening of good college basketball.

Live online stream from Big West TV: http://bigwest.sidearmstreaming.com/watch/?Live=679

Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    we're 13.5 favorites. that's a REALLY big number, but we covered the Long Beach spread and that was around 10.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It would be nice to see the Ags win big but my guess is that it could be another nail biter as usual.
  • Davisbear
    Definitely a winnable game, but need to get some solid outside shooting. Hopefully a good crowd tonight as well
  • DrMike
    i'll be there saturday for the doubleheader. basketball alumni day/team aggie event. that makes for a fun day. last, Les came out and talked to the alumni and invited them into the locker room for the pregame talk. that was pretty cool. looking for a sweep this week. both men and women
  • Oldbanduhalum
    not a good crowd. Pathetic comes to mind.
  • SoCalAggie
    Stream isn't working for me...
  • 69aggie
    No stream.
  • SoCalAggie
    Our streaming quality is actually the worst. There are minor things I'm sure we could do to make it better that wouldn't cost much money...

I'm sure there aren't a ton of people watching any ways but wish our stream would work.
  • 69aggie
    Since i cant watch the game i have a question: whose fault is this? I thought it was a BW site not our site. If you want to watch the only game actually streaming with dinner you can watch the poly game. .
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggie offense is flat as a pancake. CSUN leads 26-23 at the half in a real shootout...
  • Oldbanduhalum
    You all aren’t missing much. A very uninspired effort by the Ags so far. Chima earned a lot of bench time by letting his man drive by him twice in a row. Goode John hennings shorts and printup finished the half. I doubt that lineup has ever seen the court.
  • DrMike
    At least they trimmed a late 9 point lead to 3. Hopefully come out inspired
  • SoCalAggie
    I'm seeing we are up now?!?! What the hell is wrong with this dam stream!
  • aggie08
    Still no stream. Absolutely unacceptable! Can't even stream a game?! smh
  • SoCalAggie
    OH lord. 10% from 3 point land...........

Crazy to think that a few years ago we were top 5 in the nation. A lot can change ha!
  • SoCalAggie
    its rediculous. I sent twitter DMs to both the UC Davis Men's BB & The Big West Twitter accounts.

It would be great if everyone else sent them a note letting them know it's broken.
  • DrMike
    Not pretty but a win they had to have. 3 point shooting is contagious. We need to catch that bug!
  • aggie08
    Thanks for the tip- messaged both as well. Who is in charge of streaming? The fan base, recruiting, alumni donations are all being affected. While our team just won 17 in a row in the Pavilion, this kind of crap is holding our program back. No excuses for this! I think we should message Jim Les directly. He seems like the kind of guy that would rectify the situation very quickly. Good win. Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Another ugly win. The 18-0 run that spanned halftime was obviously the key. Some sloppy play and questionable calls down the stretch made it a little closer than it could have been. Shorts made his FTs late that sealed the victory.

Time to beat up on Poly
  • 69aggie
    So this is our problem to fix not BW? If so, yes very embarrassing indeed. I know we are mid major and all of that but have you seen the difference between the pac12 stream and the BW stream? It’s like Germany vrs. Angola. Not pretty. I say no more. . . .
  • movielover
    Why not message Dr Blue?

BTW, I was in Bakersfield recently ... yuck. Though their lower cost of real estate seems to spur the foodie biz, and they have an actual Woolworths counter... a local paper said they also have 250 street walkers.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ags had to grind this one out to get their 18th straight home win. We played some pretty good basketball in the last few minutes of the first half and the first 7 minutes of the second half to go from 10 down to 10 up and then just barely held on for the win. I'm getting use to it...nothing is going to be easy in any Big West game.

I thought TJ and Siler played pretty well and Chima managed to get another double double but, man, we struggle from beyond the arc. I keep thinking that at some point the 3's will start dropping but it's been this way pretty much all season so I don't think it's going to happen this year. On the other hand, we had 46 points in the paint. We're a team that has to play very tough defense and score in the paint...it's who we are...and 13-7 is pretty decent too...

The crowd was late arriving and filled in a bit but I was worried when the game started and the place was practically empty. I thought we might be flat in that kind of atmosphere and we were. Glad we sort of snapped out of it enough to get the win.
  • 69aggie
    Streetwalkers! I have not heard that term since my old army days long past. Hookers, yes. I think we could use some of those streetwalkers around the pavilion to get some improved attendance. Well, now a days you would need equal opportunity non gender specific phenotypes which of course takes all the fun out of it for me. So send 25 for training purpose only. Good for backo. I note that i send most of my insurance premiums there so all is not bad in backo land. And i love the woolworths counter for a vanilla shake. Can you even get one in davis anymore? Copy to AD Blue.
  • 69aggie
    Oh yes, and Stormy Daniels would be a nice addition to the spirit squad. Sorry to follow my own post but could not resist. Anything for increased attendance!!!! I bet she would come. . .
  • Goags20172
    Glad I decided not to make the trip to Bakersfield for the start of the baseball season. Is it a worse destination than Fresno ? Sacramento probably has that many streetwalkers. I've only personally seen two. They tried to solicit in a coffee shop.
  • aggie6thman
    Wow this thread went sideways REALLY quickly.

Good win tonight, ugly, but a win. Cal Poly on Saturday!
  • SoCalAggie
    ftugjvv189ompkyw.png

At least they responded. DM this account on twitter to let them know you had issues as well.
  • movielover
    I guess we have a use now for the defunct racquetball courts? Davis is a liberal town ... I was reminded here of the x-rated movies that were shown at the drive in!! (Never went.)
  • movielover
    Haven't been to Fresno in a while. Was stranded in Bako accidentally. Oil, scruffiness, debate about high speed rail station location, and hookers. Or so I read and was told. No personal research. Buck Owens Crystal Palace a big deal to some.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!