• BlueGoldAg
    I just saw this on the Aggie website. I think this will be the second men's and women's basketball show and gymnastics coach, John, Lavallee, is also on the agenda. They certainly didn't get the announcement out in time for much publicity.

Anyway, it will be held at Woodstock's Pizza in downtown Davis at 6 pm and the host will be Greg Wong who does a great job with women's basketball on KDVS. I'm looking forward to hearing him interview these coaches. I like that he tends to ask very knowledgeable questions and isn't shy about asking coaches the "tough" questions about their decisions etc. He's always respectful but he's more direct in his questioning than Scott Marsh is on FM 105.5.

The event will be stream live via the UC Davis Athletics Facebook page and questions can be posted on this Facebook page prior to the airing:

https://www.facebook.com/UCDavisAggies/

If anyone makes it to this event, please post up your thoughts afterwards.
  • Davisbear
    Great that UCD is doing this! With the seeming decline in interest among students, it definitely makes sense to get out there and engage with the community.
  • SoCalAggie
    Not sure why there is a decline. This team with Chima and shorts is fun to watch.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Well that was the best coaches show they've ever done. Greg Wong did an excellent job with interesting questions that kept the listener engaged. First up was Jim Les and then TJ Shorts and AJ John. Then he interviewed Jen Gross followed by Morgan Bertsch and Dani Nafekh and, finally, he talked with gymnastics coach, John Lavallee, and gymnast, Amanda Presswood.

What came across emphatically during the show is how lucky we are to have these 3 coaches leading these wonderful athletes. Everyone is humble, fun, bright and articulate. Wong did a great job with his questions to bring out the best in everyone. Nice job all around!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!