• OldAggieAlum
    When I saw William Jessup on the schedule, I was thinking it would be far more embarrassing if the Aggies were to lose to them again this year. But when I looked at the Athletics Dept. write-up for tomorrow's game, it indicated that Davis had never lost to William Jessup. I started thinking I'm getting old and my memory faulty. Maybe I was just thinking of that Art Institute embarrassment. So I searched many ways on UC Davis, William Jessup, and basketball and came up empty. But then I added Gary Stewart to the search and came up with this write-up for the Northern Arizona game in 2005 that mentions the 69-64 loss to Willam Jessup, http://www.ucdavisaggies.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/111805aac.html

Are exhibition losses ignored? The current write-up shows the previous exhibition win. Do they not count the previous loss because the Aggies were in transition to D-I at the time?
  • DrMike
    Struggled against Dominican too. Exhibitions I guess don’t officially count. Maybe the more recent outings vs the ‘Bills’ were during the season like tomorrow
  • Zander
    Someone on the Big West forum said that exhibition matches may or may not count depending on how the lower-division team counts them. (I don't know if this includes NAIA.) We don't get credit either way but if someone like a D2 team schedules us then they have the option to include it as part of their regular season, and if they do then there's refs, official score, etc.
  • DrMike
    I’m sure your daughter watches frozen.......’Let it go, Let it go!’
  • aggie6thman
    That memory was locked in the ice castle a long time ago!
  • DrMike
    I was looking in the archives for that 2005-06 season. Shows the ‘if we were keeeping score they scored more’ result vs the Bills (kind of like under six soccer). We went 8-20. One of those 8? Stanford
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Or what about that game when the University Farm played at Cal sometime around 1940 and was winning through a time limit set but the game was extanded? IDK I remember reading it in the Aggie once.
  • DrMike
    Up 46-23 at half with Chima and Silar combining for about 10 of those. Printup with 9, Hennings with 8. Lots of fouls. Good easy game heading into finals.
  • DrMike
    They have 10 offensive boards at the half. That’s gonna kill us down the road
  • Goags20172
    The Stat tracker made some funny errors today. >:O Apparently Strom and Nelson made appearances in the game, and only the stat tracker caught it

This is the age of extreme political correctness. No one should have any offensive boards. William Jessup needs sensitivity training.
  • 72Aggie
    Think the game from long ago where we were ahead at the end of the agreed upon time limit but the Mother Campus then extended the clock was football, not basketball.

As I recall we used to play Cal regularly in basketball...then in the early 80s (?) in the Preston Neumayr days, we forgot our place and were actually ahead well into the second half before the Bears rallied and won the game. They dropped us from their schedule.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Yup, it was definitely football as it was mentioned prior to the 2010 contest. When was the last time we played Cal in MBB?
  • BlueGoldAg
    We lost to Cal 86-61 last year.
  • 72Aggie
    According to the record books we played them pretty regularly from about '72 to '86, always in Berkeley, always a loss. Played them in 2010 also. Overall we were 0-31, throw in 0-32 after last year.

Oddly enough I was wrong in my earlier recollection. Neumayr played from 79-80 to 82-83. We played Cal through the 86-87 season.

In Neumayr's junior year the score was 83-76 and in his senior year it was 106-62. With a memory like this I'm thinking of entering politics.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/ucda/sports/m-baskbl/auto_pdf/2017-18/misc_non_event/2017-18_MBB_Records_Book.pdf (Scoll down to page 18)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!