• Oldbanduhalum
    Here is the complete list.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    We are the only team in the Top 25 that is 6-0. Our SOS must be hurting us from being ranked even higher. The St Marys and Oregon State games loom big for us as long as we take care of business and beat the teams we should be beating. The sky is the limit for this fine team.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    From ESPN Mid-Major Ranks article here

6. UC Davis (6-0)

A Thanksgiving week road swing through Pacific, Southern Utah and Seattle produced three wins by a combined 84 points. The names of those opponents won't turn heads, but that's a lot of travel and basketball in the span of seven days to manage without getting distracted. Focus doesn't seem to be a problem for this team; it opened its season with a win against Washington State, the same team that ended UC Davis' previous season in the WNIT.

As far as consistency goes, it's difficult to do better than Morgan Bertsch of late. One of five returning starters for the Aggies, she has scored at least 20 points in each of the past five games and shot 60 percent (32-of-51) on the recent road trip.

Last week: NR
  • 69aggie
    I think one of the things that is going somewhat unnoticed is that the Aggies can now substitute in two very formidable players in Nina and Cierra and give Pele, Dani and Rachael a needed rest. The height they bring and the width they play just sets a new tone that the opposition has not seen. Tough to coach against that.
  • PortlandAggie
    They keep climbing, now sit at #5!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    So the #1 team in the mid-major poll, Green Bay, is #21 in the overall AP poll. #2 (south Dakota st) #3 (FGCU) and #12 (Ball st) in the mid-major poll are "other's receiving votes" in the AP poll. It will be interesting to see what happens after UCF and Oregon St (currently #17 in the AP Poll). Go Ags!
  • G-Man
    The WBB is outstanding! They are competitive, fun to watch, and really represent what UC Davis is all about! We as a group of supporters better get out and support this team! I know the up coming league will have challenging moments but this group has the mojo! so Lets gets the word out!! GO AGGIES...
  • aggie08
    ya should be interesting. SMU was a big surprise in terms of margin of victory. That was a team that challenged ranked Cal on the road and beat the Hoosiers. Next three games should give us a clearer picture just how good we are. Not sure we’ll face anyone of that caliber in league play.
  • 69aggie
    Question. I am too far away to get to game just yet. The streams don’t show the bench. Do the redshirts get to suit up and do the shoot around?
  • Goags20172
    You know, I think I haven't seen the women's team play since a doubleheader in which the men lost to SAC State. Don't know when that was. 2012 ? I remember that Darius Graham was one of the freshman players.

I think I might make the trip. Would be nice to get out of town for the afternoon. As I get older I enjoy leaving SAC more and more.

Edit: Consulted the UCD archives. It was 11/22/2011 against San Francisco.
  • BlueGoldAg
    You would be doing yourself a favor to go and watch this team play. They are a very good basketball team and they are playing at a very high level.
  • DrMike
    I have two of the Saturday doubleheader’s on our calendar. This year I plan to get there early enough for the entire women’s game
  • BlueGoldAg
    They're a pleasure to watch. They are fundamentally sound, have good depth, and play with poise and confidence. It's unlikely but not inconceivable that they could run the table.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Despite their loss to Central Florida the Aggies stayed at #5 in the Women's Mid Major Poll:

http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25.php
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!