• OldAggie
    Cal Poly and PSU were awful this year. We played one FBS team this year, beat a horrible non-scholarship USD team, and we are still getting blown out in games. I think the offense is better, but I'm not sure the defense is even the same. I think a successful season depends on this week. If we lose to Suck St., I'll be disappointed with the season. This was our easiest schedule in years, the conference had some down teams, and we squeeze out 4 wins against scholarship schools? Thankfully, I've tempered my expectations after hoping for the best under Gould (who by the way, is producing another insane back, can't knock his talent for developing RBs). If we win this year, then we will end up with a decent outcome all things considered with lots of room to grow.
  • movielover
    OldAggie, going from 1.65 to 5 or 6 DI wins is progress.

The Bee, "Causeway Classic Finally Means Something".

"In came new coach and a familiar face in Dan Hawkins, the fiery one-time Aggies fullback. UCD at 5-5 has shown marked improvement, has been entertaining and the Aggies feature a bona fide star in receiver Keelan Doss."

San Diego is 8-2, hardly horrible. The losses to EWU and NAU not blowouts.

Sac looks very tough, and they are young. Can we beat a solid team?

Go Ags!
  • SochorField

San Diego is an expected W, in my opinion, every time.
    We can always beat Sac. We have regularly beaten them when they've been "better." Throw the records out.

This program has waaaay more potential with the current coaching staff than the last one.
  • Riveraggie
    This season showed some progress and yet still leaves us disappointed. How disappointed depends on what you expected. I am disappointed we didn’t upset anyone. I’m happy we didn’t lose to any of the bottom teams this year. Glass half empty.
  • The Big Easy
    This team is more exciting but I wouldn't say better than the past teams despite the current record.

Gould could have easily had a couple of 5-6 or 6-5 seasons had he not insisted on playing predictable 3-n-out football game after game year after year.

I don't know if it was Gould or his OC or his OC not speaking up but...It was pathetic!

Oh yeah...and frustrating to watch.
  • agalum
    Gould could have easily had a couple of 5-6 or 6-5 seasons had he not insisted on playing predictable 3-n-out football game after game year after year.The Big Easy

And the run up the middle time after time. We had a touch of that illness against NAU. The run game in that game just didnt work, but the pass worked. They finally figured it out late in the game. We do need to be able to run the ball, but if it's not working, go to your bread and butter. Plough even admitted in an interview that they waited too long to go to the pass. I was screaming at my TV for them to pass, lol.
  • The Big Easy
    LOL@... I was screaming at my TV for them to pass...

No joke...I used to do that during the Gould era.
  • movielover
    Yes.

Plough, Hawk and Speckman mistake #1 was thinking we could run 85% of the time, and predictable plays. Mistake #2 was running 80% of those plays thru one average RB. Mistake #3 was adjusting far too late.

Vast improvement in our Off schemes. I sat with HS coaches who predicted our plays. Imagine where we would have been w/o ManZan.

Offense - goes from D- to a B/B+. Need run game and clean up spotty play calling / adjust quicker / 2 minute offense / put teams away when up.

Defense - Coach Tucker had to know we were thin to bring in so many JC recruits. Just need talent and deveopment, or new scheme that gives our kids a chance to succeed?

Special teams - ??
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!