• movielover
    1. Davis Enterprise today: O’Brien to be honored with 1982 Aggie football squad

Special prices and promos

2. DE also has a nice article on Jake Maier

"Said Maier, “The people at Weber State were very good and straightforward. It’s a great place, but Davis is one of my dream schools. I’m always amazed when someone gets an offer to come here and ends up going somewhere else. It’s such an honor to be the quarterback here.” "
  • oldaggie72
    When I read a comment like that from Jake Maier about being proud to be an Aggie, I tear up. I know, I'm old and emotional, but damn I love our university and the opportunities it offers. Everything I am and everything I have achieved in life, I can directly attribute to having been educated at UCD. Aggie forever!
  • movielover
    Classy quote from a Sophomore.
  • agalum
    I knew i liked Maier!
  • AggieFinn
    Goes to show what a great fit Maier has been.
  • SloStang
    I played against O’Brien (and Dr Mike) when I played at Cal Poly Pomona. We were leading 7-0 at the half and he diced and sliced our defense in the second half and the Aggies won 19-7. Roman Gabriel was our head coach and QB coach. He made our QBs watch our defensive film. I can still hear him yelling at them in his office “that is how you play QB”.
  • Kerberos
    Same here. UCD is truly a special place.
  • DrMike
    Didn’t Roman mention me? Without laughing?
  • SloStang
    He did Mike. He said he was hoping O’Brien would of handed off more to the DrMike and throw it less in the second half.

In all seriousness O’Brien was a great QB, but the Aggie team that came down to Pomona was full of talented and tough players including their FB.

I still owe you for the program. I will save Stampede B-B-Q and game tickets for you and the wife next year if you are interested.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!