• Kerberos
    Technically there was also a 1.5th trophy when we got it back from CP after 3 years and it had ugly gems all over it with "F*** DAVIS" spray painted on the bottom. Every single time we get it back from CP it's either defaced or just a different trophy altogether. Is trophy #2 the original one they brought to the inaugural 2004 game? Or have there actually technically been 4 different trophies created for this rivalry?

At this rate we should just rename the series to "Battle for the Surprise Horseshoe"
  • ucdavisaggie05
    It's a complete joke. We just have to recreate the original and never lose possession of it again. (Y)
  • BlueGoldAg
    I agree with everything you said in you post. I caught the last quarter online after a long day of hiking in the Horseshoe Canyon near Hanksville, Utah. The quality of the Pluto TV feed was excellent. That's a huge improvement for the league.

The "party" dance on the sideline by the Aggies was embarrassing. I know the kids were just having fun but that's not good sportsmanship and it isn't Aggie Pride in my book. It looked like something Sac State might do. Hawk needs to clean that up before it goes way over the top.

Or, maybe I'm just becoming an "old fogey"...
  • movielover
    +1 I was just kind of surprised at what the hell was going on... under .500, battling to beat a winless team that is challenging you with a freshman QB.
  • 69aggie
    I watched this game and did not enjoy it. Yes we won, but how we did it was abysmal. We are a very poor football team. Yes we have some great athletes, but for the most part we are very thin in that department I.e OL, DB, DL, and RBs. I really don’t know if we have realistic expectations that we can ever recruit a sufficient number of quality players at this level to actually succeed in the FCS.
  • movielover
    We seem loaded at LB and I thought we were deep at DB. Inconsistent play calling, lack of focus (letup last night, penalties at NAU) seem to be issues. We competed with EWU and NAU!!

I'm sure Josh Kelly would make our O line look better.

Thomas had 45 yards in 3 carries at NAU in the 2nd half. ... Bruce Galladuet was hinting Nas might get a shot at RB.

If we are this thin at RB and deep at LB, should we give him a shot?
  • Goags20172
    The 2nd one almost looks like cardboard lol
  • OldAggie
    "inconsistent play calling and lack of focus," I think that was a common theme last year too.

69Aggie is right...we are not deep, are always going to have a hard time being deep, and we can either adapt to this high-scoring wide-open conference or continue to suffer abysmal seasons. Cal Poly is really down, and they kicked our tails for three quarters.

Give Hawkins a few years to create his culture...let's see where this train goes. However, if we lose to Suck St., this season is a total bust in my mind.
  • Riveraggie
    The first four touchdowns show a difference between this year and last. I just can’t picture us putting up those points last year.
  • movielover
    But we'd also have more than 21 yards rushing.

I prefer the current offense. We pushed to have Aaron Moore used more, and look what we have ... he appears to be another big time playmaker. Huge. ... now, will unused 6.8 yards per carry Tehran Thomas get some PT this week?
  • Riveraggie
    who knows what’s up with Tehran? Hopefully he’s not one of those Arizona recruits we can’t keep on campus. But he’s not a silver bullet. I think he has good speed for his size but if he had great speed for his size he’d be in FBS, his HS heroics were pretty well advertised. We do not have the personnel to be a good running team.
    That said, I think we can do better against IDSU than we did against Poly. They allow almost 5 yards a carry. I’d like to see us play like we did before NAU and have a mix of plays.
  • movielover
    I'm sure staff agrees in the need for some balance ... we lost two excellent backs in Luuga and Kelly... I'm hoping they inadvertently forgot him... he may have been a redshirt candidate before we had a RB go down... he had some excellent gains 2 weeks ago, one a 25 yarder. Go Ags!
123456Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!