• AggieFinn
    Wounded beast coming to town.

Never underestimate an opponent who has nothing to lose.
  • SloStang
    Problem is our offense is toothless and has no claws this year. I think our defense can keep it interesting for a while, but we do not have enough offensive firepower to win. I believe we will be leaving the shoe in Davis this year. Hopefully we right the ship in the offseason and you can leave it in SLO next year.
  • malibudude
    Oh, this might be an extreme whooping on the Mustangs. SLO is correct, CP has no offense at all,
    beware of our punter however!
  • DrMike
    as bad as your offense has been (by Poly standards, by our past standards your scoring is very Gould-like), your defense seems to be pretty solid. held NAU, Weber and SUU to 28 or less (less than 20 for the last 2). i worry about our running game vs. the mustangs. maybe we can get outside with some success -> that has eluded us all season.
  • Polydad
    As a Mustang fan, I fear the Aggie passing game more than anything else. To me that will boil down to can the Mustangs pressure the Aggie QB?
  • cpalum
    Sublette the CP Punter is having a hell of a year.....We will see but in fairness Walsh has choked against Davis when he's had a top Offense in the nation....
  • movielover
    Maybe you'll get lucky and we'll run the Gould offense second week in a row.
  • Polydad

and to think just two years ago at Davis we converted two fourth down attempts on a 7 minute touchdown drive. The first attempt was fourth and a full yard from or own ten yard line! That was the first Cal Poly football game I ever attended.
  • DrMike
    Still have two tickets in 123 if someone wants to attend
  • DrMike
    wow......near radio silence on the boards heading into the Poly game. Hopefully the Ags don't carry the NAU loss like we are in here. Don't let one team beat you twice.
  • Riveraggie
    Well, there seems to be much disappointment with running game, so in that regard;
    What do we think of Tehran Thomas? Has had some success in spots but dropped that fourth down screen. Should we feature him more?
  • AggieFinn
    Slug it out tomorrow...should be a good one.
  • movielover
    He had two very nice runs late in the game, ran over / through half tackles/ arm tackles. Even when tripped up continued to chew up yards. He earned more PT. A true freshman.

My dissapointment is not with our players, but with the decision to run 85% of the time to open the game. 1. Wrong logic when our run game is unproven. 2. Adapt quicker if it ain't working. Go 50 / 50 air / ground, and if someone gets hot, capitalize. We can't afford to spot a very good team 3 or 4 TDs.

Leota and a RF were also part of a team effort to spring Modise on his 100 yard return. Good work.
  • Riveraggie
    I know you're just disappointed with results. No question our passing game is better than our running game. I think the coach conceded they ran too much early.
    But... we have to at least do enough with the run that they play us honestly. We can all agree we should run some but not too much, wherever that line is drawn.
    I think it was the Montana coach who said regarding the fly option that they wanted the defense to at least have to guard against the fly sweep because it limited what the defense could do. That’s how it is with us and the run generally and the fly sweep in particular, plus we have to be able to pick up fourth and inches.
  • Bige70
    Hi guys - haven't participated in a while, but have been watching. I'll be at the game Saturday, hoping we come away with a "W." My 2 cents are that we need to improve o-line and d-line. Can't run without the o-line, and our d-line seems to get very little pressure on opposing QBs without blitzes. And those are position groups that require (a) recruiting and (b) time to improve. I'll give Hawk and his staff benefit of the doubt and time given we are in year 1. But those are priority positions in my mind. Also agree the play-calling is still a bit rough around the edges. Nonetheless, I remain confident that we will "get there."

This is a transition year, and we've lost two in a row to very good teams. It's time for Hawk to shift these players' paradigm - they are used to losing. Learning how to win and not fold the tent is a learned skill.
  • 69aggie
    I think hawk had a nightmare. Woody Hayes came in the night: “two out of three bad things happen when you try and pass the football. . . . “ you all know the rest. Except when you don’t have anyone to run the ball or a OL that’s not there yet. I agree with the foregoing better minds. We are a work in progress
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    Will there be a stream of tomorrow's game?
  • ucdavisaggie05
    Looking forward to returning to campus with the fam and bringing the little tyke to his first football game! He's excited to see Gunrock, but if he's anything like his parents...that will evaporate when it comes to being there in-person.

Go Ags!
  • SloStang
    Game is streamed on Pluto TV. Need to down load a free ap.
  • movielover
    I agree with the goal of a balanced attack. We beat NAU 24-17 in the second half when we played Aggie Football. We weren't perfect, only netting 3 pts on two back to back drives where we reached about the 20.

I thought our defense played decent, and had to contend with some touchy refs. At least one targeting call looked suspect. Cockus was under 50% passing, so our D had to play some role on that. We only scored 7 points in yhe first half, and that was when we passed at least 50%.
  • AggieFinn
    Hope the refs let the guys play today
  • CA Forever
    TOUCHDOWN!!!!
  • CA Forever
    Swiss_Cheese_Garden_of_Eden.jpg
    Live look at Cal Poly's defense
  • The Big Easy
    Cal Poly is playing like a deflated football team and it's really sad. Those touchdowns were just too easy!
  • CA Forever
    Hahahahahaha
  • CA Forever
    The rout is on boys
  • CA Forever
    in 6 minutes and 10 seconds of game Maier is 9/9 for 194 and 3 TDs
  • movielover
    So they rediscovered WR Aaron Moore. Good!
  • movielover
    1 rush for 2 yards for whole offense?
  • Idaho Aggie
    Slostang, thanks for the info about the stream.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!