• BaseballAtDobbins
    I see a lot of posts complaining about academics of other CA / Big Sky schools. I believe that as long as someone has a 2.0 GPA, they should be eligible to attend college with at least one four year institution in their state. I'm not advocating that UC's need to allow a 2.0 freshman in, but if they completed all their courses and passed, CSU should be an option. There's more to the story in sometimes a freshman could Jake it and then at junior year wake up and get serious about their grades.

I also strongly believe UC's, the top schools in each state should have lower standards for community college transfer students as it proves you can handle college work even if you don't have a 4.0 with 5 EC's like HS students need.

Getting older, no one cares about GPA. If someone in my rural town wants to go to EWU, I choose to celebrate that just as much as the kid who goes to WSU or even UW. On a related note, if a kid at EWU gets a 3.9 in pre-med or nursing whatever they offer, I think they should have just as much of a chance as the 3.0 student at UW. Grad school takes precedence over undergrad anyway.

I say this as a UC Davis alum but one who was really just an okay student. My friends at Cal Poly, SFSU, even CSU East Bay have all done fine for themselves.

I posted this comment in the Sky scores thread but decided to delete and save for it's own thread. Right after I had posted I read a great article in SFGate about UC Merced / admission rate which proves my point.
    https://www.sfgate.com/california/article/university-california-merced-guaranteed-admission-18431448.php?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR3KHtaHxfhdgGK-p0mYUNAljnLnXTvkep16y10q6lKwLqO168YXIK4DeDE

THERE IS ONE EXCEPTION: IT IS ALWAYS OKAY TO ATTACK SAC FOR THEIR ACADEMICS ON THIS BOARD!!! SAC STATE SUCKS! lol.
  • AggieFinn2
    Agree to an extent. I originally wrote more but regurgitating and droning about dull football statistics and articles is the M.O. of this board so my extended opinion was not welcome. Some whiny so-and-so appears to have even gotten my Causeway Classic thread (the one with your excellent suggestion to move the game to Reno and not tell the hornets) deleted.

They should cancel the Causeway Classic and replace it with nothing or play Cal Poly twice
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!