• BlueGoldAg
    I remember a game some years ago in Hawaii where the fans really got out of hand. At one point, they started throwing stuff onto the floor and it stopped the game and the refs issued a warning to the crowd. Les hustled his team off to the locker room at the end of the game without the two teams shaking hands because he was concerned for their safety of the Aggie players.
  • Lizaggie
    I agree about not capitalizing the TOs. Hawaii had excellent defense so I’m hoping the offense in the future can work that out. They took some terrible shots when they didn’t need to.
  • movielover
    Who are these hooligans? Townes? Youth?
  • Toke69
    I was there and didn't even notice the incident because I wAs just trying to get out as fast as I could! I had to read about it in the paper the next day. Today, the paper mentioned nothing about the crowd except the attendance count: 4063, a bit on the low side. The paper also quoted Eli Pepper: " Defensive letdowns...That's probably way they built their lead at the end. We had miscues. They made their run."
  • abridge
    We were at that game, sitting behind the Aggie bench. The crowd behind the basket threw little squeeze balls that were given out as door prizes. They were really over the top, the verbal abuse was bad. The Hawai’i team was also show-boating and drawing out the crowd. I really really disliked that team. Jim was right to walk off the court with his team.

I was sorry to see the crowd throwing items onto the court during this game.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I remember that showboating on the Hawaii bench during that game also and I've seen that going on with the Hawaii players in some of the other games we played in Hawaii. I just think their coach just doesn't really care about that level of discipline and so he allows it or just tolerates it. It seems like our games with Hawaii are generally high intensity and have the potential to get a bit chippy.
  • agalum
    We’ll get even with them in February, hopefully.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!