• Toke69
    In the second game of the Cream City Classic UCD plays Southeast Missouri State of the Ohio Valley Conference. SEMo has beaten South Florida, who does not seem very good and lost to Bradley, who seems pretty good. Like Milwaukee, the Redhawks have a lot of depth with 12 players averaging more than 10 minutes a game. Earlier, I thought the BU game would be tough but SEMo beat the Terriers 63-52. They stayed with their starters in this one. Phillip Russell, their 5' 10" guard scored 21 to lead all players. In both their remaining games of this tournament, the Ags need to take better care of the ball. ESPN gives us a 63.5% chance of a W. This game is not on ESPN+ but I am copying the link that OldAggieAlum so thoughtfully posted in an earlier discussion:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRIPtcm9S1Y
  • BlueGoldAg
    Hopefully, we'll be 5-1 by then, Toke!
  • BlueGoldAg
    SEMO beat Boston U. 62-53 in their first game of the Classic.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It will be interesting to see if the Aggies have good energy today or will be tired from the tough game yesterday.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Here is a the link to the live stream on youtube:

• BlueGoldAg
    4-3 Aggies at the first media time out. Neither team looks sharp so far. Beasley picked up his second foul already.
  • BlueGoldAg
    11-3 Aggies with 13:20 to go in the half. Poor FT shooting continues for the Aggies (1-4).
  • BlueGoldAg
    14-5 Aggies with 11:17 to go in the half. Ags shooting 63% to SEMO's 14%. Good Aggie defense so far.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Whatever was bothering pepper yesterday he seems to be over it.
  • BlueGoldAg
    He's shooting with confidence. 5 TO's for the Aggies already though.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Super sloppy passing by the Aggies. 7 TO's already.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags 25-14 with 7:13 to go in the half. Anigwe picks up his second foul in just 8 minutes on the floor.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags blow the lead with lackadaisical play leading to TO's and fouls. Tied at 27.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Very sloppy. Tied at half. Les is not happy
  • BlueGoldAg
    32-32 at the half. This was not a good half of basketball for the Aggies. They had SEMO on their heels with an 11 point lead and then got sloppy and threw the ball away numerous times and lost the lead. Poor FT shooting, 5-10, and 13 TO's. Very unfocused play by the Aggies.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    High number of unforced turnovers and bad free throw shooting. Feels like you can copy and paste this to each mbb game thread
  • BlueGoldAg
    This game could easily have been a double digit lead for the Ags at the half. It seems like Pepper is the only player who can consistently hit any FT's too.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Somehow we are up by 11 with 8 mins left. Small worked there. We had Lose, Pepper, deBruhl, Beasley and Milling out in the court for a few minutes. That seemed to disrupt semo. SEMO is not happy with the refs.
  • Toke69
    Too early for me out here in Hawai`i. I see that the Ags have an 8 point lead with 3 minutes left, so I'll watch and see if they can old on.
  • Toke69
    No commentators? Amazing how little I miss them.
  • Toke69
    OMG! Down to a one point lead now. I don't think I could take another last second loss. Refs seem to be calling this one close too? Must be the same ones.
  • Toke69
    What is going on with the Aggies free throw shooting! 9 for 22?
  • MTBAggie
    Urgh, fouled on a 3 with zero seconds on the clock. SEMO to the line.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We did everything we could to lose. The ugliest of wins
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Free throw shooting is in our head now. And anyone know what happened with TY?
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies escape with a 73-71 UGLY win. How do you win 21 TO's and 11-24 FT shooting? This was perhaps the worse FT shooting I've ever seen by an Aggie team and many of the misses were clunkers...not even close. Wow! Pepper is the only player you can feel confident about at the line.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Anigwe is back to not being able to stay on the floor for any significant minutes because of fouls. He fouled out with only 12 minutes on the floor so we had to go small ball. Rocak has size but has trouble stopping the dribble drives. I like the defensive effort by Losé but his shot needs a lot of work...a line drive with little arc and little chance.

The one positive I saw was Adebayo actually scoring some points. He had 13 on 5-6 shooting. It was nice to see him score in close with a pump fake rather than throwing up a wild shot. Hopefully, that will give him some confidence. We could use some offensive production from him.
  • Toke69
    I totally agree that this was an ugly game and I only saw the last 4 minutes. The team has lost the composure it showed at home and I think it shows in their turn-overs and free throw shots, which are 80% mental. The defense and rebounding saved this game. They out rebounded the Redhawks 42-32. I don't think he got credit for it, but it appeared that Lose blocked a shot at the end that would have tied the game.
  • Toke69
    On the other hand, it was good to see Pepper back on track. It's odd how he and T. Y. effectively traded places fro yesterday.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Lose did have a huge block. Coach Williams on an earlier broadcast said he has some big time offensive potential that the staff is just waiting to see in real games. Hopefully these minutes that he and Rocak are getting now will help them when the regular season starts.
  • BlueGoldAg
    I wonder if we could ever see both of them with 30+ in the same game. 99% unlikely but it sure would be fun to watch!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!