• BlueGoldAg
    The Broncos come to town with a 2-1 record including wins over Multnomah and Weber State coupled with a loss to EWU. The Aggies will be looking for their second win after losing big at Washington in their last outing. This is the second home game with an odd start time for the Ags. Their first game was on a Monday at 11 a.m. and today's game is a 2 p.m. tip off. Midday starts on a weekday won't do much for attendance,

Live stream on ESPN+. Go Ags!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Kind of hard to build a loyal following when you have your first two home games at a time few people can attend. Guess I'll try and stream some of it. Hopefully the Ags will come out firing!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    10-10 at the first time out. both teams center's have two fouls so we'll see what the depth looks like. Ags are having problems with TOs, but fortunately Turner is hot from the field.
  • BlueGoldAg
    25-22 Aggies at the end of the 1st quarter. Turner with 16 points already...4-4 from 3. Ags shot 75%.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Turner is hot, but TOs and bad rebounding is keeping it close. Have to learn how to beat the zone press of Boise st.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags up 37-32 at half. We were up by 11 but the Bronco's ended the half on a run.
  • BlueGoldAg
    37-32 Aggies at the half. The Ags need to do a much better job boxing out and being aggressive on their rebounding. They get caught flat footed much too often.
  • BlueGoldAg
    57-46 Aggies heading into the 4th.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Better defense and seemed to take better control of the ball. Let's finish it!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Ags hang on to win 69-62 after going up by as much as 17 in the 4th quarter but nearly let it slip away as the Broncos went on a late 10-0 run and got within 6 with 44 seconds to go. The Aggie offense had some really good stretches with excellent ball movement and cuts but the rebounding needs quite a bit of work. Turner had 26.
  • Russ Bowlus
    24 points for Boise St. from free throws. Wow.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I didn't see the UW game, so this is the first time i've seen this team against D1 competition. We certainly like to run and push the ball up court. That's great, but you need to play good defense and REBOUND if you want to run. If we can do that more consistently, then we should be able to get a lot of easy buckets. Interesting play from Tova Sable. She's not tall, but she does have some good moves on the post, though finishing was a little tough tonight (10 pts on 4-13 shooting). If she can be a little more consistent with her shot, she could be a good contributor off the bench.

Overall, this was a quality win. Next up, the Causeway Classic on Tuesday at the Golden One.
  • BlueGoldAg
    In a game of note for the BW conference, Washington beat Irvine on a jumper with 8 seconds to go in the second overtime 62-60. The Huskies managed to win the game despite 28 TO's and made only 1-14 from 3 and 13-26 from the line.
  • abridge
    The women did best when they were able to run. Toward the end of the game Jen made the decision to slow the whole thing down, we lost momentum and allowed the Broncos to came back at us. Shooting in Q4 was not great by either team and for Boise it was awful.

The Broncos show a LOT of free throws missing only a couple. The Ags should only about half as many but still only missed 2. So good work from the line.

It was a very entertaining game the watch. After Q1 I thought we'd see 100 but that ground to a halt very quickly in the 2nd quarter. Turner was absolutely on fire in the first quarter but she was quiet for quite a while after that.

I thought the officiating was inconsistent with calls made early not being called later in the game. Nice to see many of the men's team show up through the course of the game.

Also - the women's game next Tuesday at the Golden One Center is at 5:00 not 5:30 as the program showed for the past couple of games.

I'm seeing lots to like from this team but lots of learning still to come. Too many passes being forced. They didn't look very comfortable handling the Boise full court press.
  • abridge
    Some photos from the Boise State game

Boise State Broncos vs UC Davis Aggie Women
  • BlueGoldAg
    This team is at their best when they get out and run and play fast.

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!