• AggieFinn
    Buying a ticket for a UC Davis Football Game online is like pulling teeth. Dead links, no clear flow progression. Error Queries. Who's programming this stuff? It's terrible.

It's only functional on a mobile device. Limiting for anybody not savvy. Parked my Uncle and Dad out there for the Weber game, you had to have a mobile app in order to park. NO CASH. It affects attendance. People get turned off by all the roadblocks and don't return. Stupid.
  • Jackbacker2
    Agreed, Tough to buy game tickets. I did not attend a BB game because of the dead links. Parking ap is a hassle when I return to campus. Next time I need the parking ap, I just might park off campus and walk.
  • 72Aggie
    I'm old...and tired of aps. My great nephews' JV football games won't take cash or credit cards. Have to use a phone. That added a dollar to the price of admission.

Went to Davis this summer to look for logo wear. To park on campus required a parking ap. I had no desire to add one more ap to my phone, an ap I probably would never use again. Parking in downtown Davis is a hit-or-miss proposition, even on a slow mid-week summer day.

I have become the old grump.
  • Jackbacker2
    72Aggie had the same experience at CIF playoffs. I LOVE high school sports but again another hassle to deal with buying tickets with an ap. Really not sure the reason why high school sports requires an ap to enter a game?
  • AggieFinn

The Gods forbid you have a human interaction at the gate...buy a ticket and say hi to boosters and volunteers.
  • Jackbacker2
    Right on AggieFinn. Always loved the interaction with students, parents or teachers in purchasing the ticket. My wife knows that I will find "something" to ask about and I enjoy the answer. Often times you end up being given info about the team's state of mind and how the team and school view the game. Anyway, I guess that makes me an "old fart." I will try this year to make a few week-ends to watch CIF play-off hoop in Nor Cal.
  • agalum
    I tried to buy season men’s bb tickets on line this morning. Kept hitting a dead link. Finally called the ticket office to complete the transaction.
  • 72Aggie
    When I go to the relatives' football game there are just as many parent volunteers at the gate as there have always been. Half of them look at me like I am an idiot (1) for not having pre-purchased tickets on my phone and the other half are as cyber-resistant as I am and immmediatley seek help from someone else (2). I have been told that using phone aps cuts down on losses by volunteers who mishandle change (3) or put their own hands in the till (4). Seems to me a credit card reader might be OK, but that probably costs more and requires the school AV staff to set up for every game.

(1) Not to say that they are wrong in that assessment.
    (2) Who probably had to ask their own kids to set up their phones and aps.
    (3) I have encountered more and more clerks who are baffled by things like making change or accepting checks.
    (4) At school events no less!
  • GoAggies

God forbid you empathize with people with social anxiety.
  • AggieFinn

Hey chief, nobody's trying to say that options shouldn't be present for all walks of life, but buying tickets and parking a car shouldn't have to be a one way street.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!