• AggieFinn
    This will go for next week too.

Idaho State - 21
    UNLV - 52

Runnin' Rebs threw for over 350 and 4 TDs, just shredded ISU.

St. Thomas (MN) @ Southern Utah
    Western Oregon @ Weber State
    NAU @ Arizona State
    Cal Poly @ Fresno State
    Portland State @ SJSU
    Northwestern State @ Montana
    UC Davis @ Cal
    Houston Baptist @ UNC
    Tennessee State @ Eastern Washington
    McNeese State @ Montana State (gotta be game of the week)
    Utah Tech (formerly Dixie State) @ Sac State
    Idaho @ Washington State
  • NCagalum
    45-7 at half in Vegas. Could have been worse final score. A bunch of special teams miscues by Idaho state in first half - ironic as their coach was special teams coach at Cal.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Cal 34 Aggies 13
    Washington 24 Idaho 17
    Montana 47 Northwestern State 0
    Eastern Washington 36 Tennessee State 29
    Montana State 40 McNeese State 17
    Sac State 56 Utah Tech 33
    Houston Baptist 46 Northern Colorado 34
  • BlueGoldAg
    Utah Tech got off to a terrible start against Sac throwing 3 INT's in the first 10 minutes of the game and fell behind 21-0 at the end of the first quarter and 35-10 at the half. Sac rolled up 589 total yards but gave up 579 with Utah Tech passing for 506 of those yards.
  • NCagalum
    Both Sac State and EWU gave up a bunch of yards on defense. EWU gave up 290 yards rushing. But they both got W’s

Portland looked good and Idaho is going to be a much tougher out this year I think. Eck has them fired up. Wazzu did look out of sorts i attribute to first game with new qb and other transfer moving pieces.

NAU was completely shut down. Martinez did not look good but probably against the toughest competition of any big Sky team week 0/1

I would rank out qb situation about at the middle of big sky. I think PSU, EWU, Sac State, Idaho, and Montana State are in better situations with their qb from my past assessment and viewing the big sky games this week. I don’t think Bronson of Weber is very good and I have never thought much about McCaffrey. Don’t know if Martinez will improve this year - hard to asses the ASU game where he looked loss. Montana is Montana and I watched very little of that game. They have a transfer qb from San Diego State. He had pretty good stats in game 1 and is supposedly a dual threat. So Kris Brown who was to take over is on the bench.

So I’m my opinion our qb situation at present is better than Weber, Idaho State, Cal Poly, Northern Colorado, and maybe NAU. All others I think are in better shape. This sort of pains me after following the Ags as far back as Jim Speck (his last year) then Moroski et al. When we seemed to always have the better quarterbacked team. I sure hope something solidifies in that position or else I don’t think we’ll have more than 6 wins which won’t get us in the playoffs.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I can't decide if Idaho is better than expected or is WSU is worse.
  • AggieFinn
    McNeese @ Montana State

• AggieFinn
    Idaho @ Washington State

• AggieFinn
    NAU @ Arizona State:

• NCagalum
    McCaffrey was pulled in third quarter (maybe injured - but not apparent when he came of the field his last series) and Jacob Sirmon (ex UW and Central Michigan) replaced him. Sirmon injected some life into the Bears. He has a bigger arm and more of a playmaker than McCaffrey. Will be interesting to see if Ed keeps his son on the bench.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!