• Russ Bowlus
    The only thing I remember from my graduation ceremony was that the dean announced the Bulls-Jazz score before he started reading names.
  • movielover
    "Hey, it was a climate change event and they all relate to that. Yes, it turned out pretty bad, but hey they survived."

It was 108 when I graduated in Rec Hall. No so-called "climate change".
  • Zander
    Important to keep in mind that this particular graduating class had a pretty mediocre entire UCD experience seeing as a significant chunk of it was online or with the campus partially closed. (Also wildfire smoke closures, PE classes cut, housing prices shooting up, to name a few things).

20 minute drive to an AC'd arena probably sounds pretty good for the students who didn't get to walk at all after going through all that
  • Idaho Aggie
    Universities need to be sensitive to student concerns about graduation, particularly for classes like 2022 that have had sub-par experiences due to the pandemic.
  • 72Aggie
    UC Davis graduates whose commencement ceremony was impacted by heat to get do-over
    Updated: 11:04 AM PDT Jul 27, 2022
    KCRA Staff
    DAVIS, Calif. —
    UC Davis grads who recently had their commencement ceremonies cut short because of the heat are getting a do-over.
    A ceremony on June 10 was abruptly ended after at least six people were hospitalized with heat-related illnesses.
    UC Davis Fire said it received at least 36 calls for heat-related issues that day.
    Now, emails have been sent to all class of 2022 graduates inviting them back to campus to take part in make-up commencement ceremonies.
    They’ll be held on Aug. 26, Aug. 27 and Dec. 10 at the University Credit Union Center.
    Caps and gowns will be provided at no cost. [Emphasis added.]
    https://www.kcra.com/article/uc-davis-graduates-commencement-ceremony-impacted-heat-get-do-over/40732329#
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!