• Toke69
    Coming into Long Beach as a 5.5 point underdog, the Aggies face only the second Big West opponent whom they have previously played. That previous meeting with the Beach did not go well as Joel Murray blistered the net at a 55.6% field goal rate on his way to 19 points to lead the Beach to a 70-63 defeat at Davis. The fact that LBSU has a better road record (4-1) than home record (6-2) is misleading, since three of their road games were cancelled. The Beach continues to be lead by Murray, but they have size and depth. They also have motive as they are currently tied for first place with Cal State Fullerton. As hard as it will be to improve their seeding for the Big West tourney, a win over Long Beach would go a long way to improving the Ags morale and confidence.
  • DrMike
    I think this is the only conference game I didn’t see live or streamed so I have no feeling for this one. I know we were up in the first half, like v Fullerton, and it slipped away. Fullerton seemed like a better team once they got themselves in sync. Same with the beach?
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Beach really ran off with the game in the final 8 minutes after we got the lead down to 4.
  • DrMike
    I just turned on at the 15:00; no Anigwe?
  • DrMike
    Never mind, Anigwe is out there. Must have been an early substitution . 16-12 us at the 12. Have to handle their pressure better
  • Toke69
    Good to see Fuller out there. Better to See the Ags with a lead with less than 8 left. The Long Beach color commentator doesn't try to hide his bias, focusing most of his comments on what the Beach players do at both ends of the court.
  • DrMike
    Up 25-22 at the 4 minute mark. They are 1-15 from 3 but keep firing them up. Our 8 turnovers are keeping it close.
  • DrMike
    Up 32-25 at the half, us.

Best comment by an announcer all year after Ba made a wide open 3 (they are 2-19 from 3):

Color guy: ‘do you see the difference in their deep shot compared to the Beach?’

Play by play : ‘ it went in?’
  • Toke69
    The Beach will not be that cold in the second half. Between the law of averages and adjustments by Coach Monson, they will make it tough on us. If we can hold our own on the board as we did in the first half and cut down on the turnovers, we have more than a chance. It would be great if Pepper could heat up.
  • agalum
    Even the ladies tie their hair back. If i were a player i would hate having that Beach guys hair in my face. Not sure I’ve seen that before.
  • agalum

Yeah, it seems like a monster is about to be released.
  • DrMike
    44-39 at 14. Jones has hit 4 3’s out of the break so I don’t think we can count on 18% shooting again
  • Toke69
    Time for a box and one on Jadon Jones?
  • DrMike
    47-45 at the 12 timeout. Feels like it’s slipping away. Their defensive pressure has ramped up and we’re struggling to get shots
  • DrMike
    They are on a 14-2 run, and up 7
  • DrMike
    Down 60-53 with 4 to go. 16 turnovers hurt. Pepper is 2-10, Fuller 3-11and they are double bonus for the rest of the way. Their zone has really hurt us
  • Toke69
    We still have a chance.
  • DrMike
    Fouls might be the killer to a comeback. Fuller and Anigwe have 4 and we have 9 team with 4:30 down 3 with the ball
  • Toke69
    There can't be a worse way to lose a game.
  • DrMike
    That sucked. Lose at the buzzer on a LONG 3 after a solid comeback
  • BlueGoldAg
    ....and Slater hits the game winner after missing his first 12 shots from the floor...1-13 for the night and he beats the Ags...the stars were aligned for him that's for sure!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Santa Barbara 67 Hawaii 60
    Cal Poly 65 Irvine 54
  • Toke69
    I hate it when I'm right about the wrong things. "The Beach will not be that cold in the second half. Between the law of averages and adjustments by Coach Monson, they will make it tough on us." Right. "If we can hold our own on the board as we did in the first half..." We did, but "cut down on the turnovers, we have more than a chance. It would be great if Pepper could heat up." We didn't and he didn't until he stepped to the foul line with 7 seconds to go.
  • BlueGoldAg
    UC Riverside 75, @ Cal State Fullerton 72 -- Final

Long Beach State earns at least a share of the regular-season championship and the #1 seed for the Big West Tournament.
  • DrMike
    What’s sad was we were about perfect down the stretch to tie it up, except for the Fuller in-and-out 3 ball. Stiffened on defense and got the boards, hit some keys shots, get a shot clock violation, set up Pepper for a 3….and lose on a NBA 3 from an ice-cold shooter
  • BlueGoldAg
    No doubt...very tough loss.

I like this team a lot and we'll be a tough out in the tournament. Given all the Covid cancellations and interruptions, Les has done a remarkable job with this team. We just might be the dark horse of the tournament.
  • Toke69
    It would appear that our first round opponent will be Cal Poly. Finally a chance to get vengeance for a bad and critical loss.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Nothing is ever easy in the BW Tournament for any team. It's wide open again as always. Poly beat us earlier this year and they be Irvine convincingly last night. Poly seems to always play us tough and they'll be pumped to beat us again. I hope we bring our A game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!