• Oldbanduhalum
    and we have some good recruits coming in next year. Jac Mani at 6’9” is a big inside presence but can also step out and hit the 3. Joaquin Strong is an athletic 6’7” wing that can create off the bounce and will really fit into Les’ scheme. Of course one or both might sit out a year, as Niles and Lose are doing this year.
  • DrMike
    Nobody has brought up the Bakersfield blunder at the end : hit a bucket with 0:22 to go to get to 1 and……..don’t foul until 0:05. Pepper’s FTs essentially ended it there. Coach didn’t seem to be trying to get them to foul until about 8 seconds to go. In fact, Pepper stood alone for 3-4 seconds just before the foul. Seemed like a brain fart.
  • BlueGoldAg
    It was really strange. They needed to foul quickly and they were just letting time run off the clock with no defensive pressure. I turned to my wife and said, "What the hell are they doing, they have to foul or the games over."

In the post-game, radio interview, Manjon said he thinks they thought the score was tied. I think their coach was screaming at them to foul and one of the players finally saw him and fouled Pepper. It certainly was a big mistake letting all those seconds tick off.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We saw that too and couldn’t figure out what csub was doing. A real big failure by the coaching staff to not have their players all on the same page. And though we shot well In this game, a free throw contest to decide it has usually not been our strength.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    And by the way, young woman who performed the national anthem was outstanding. Beautiful voice and I thought I heard she’s a 16 year old senior at ucd. Just amazing
  • BlueGoldAg
    She was the best we ever heard at a basketball game and better than many we've heard on many big time, televised games. They should bring her back again!
  • DrMike
    Les made a point to chase her down and thank her. She was outstanding. Beautiful voice and classic rendition !
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!