• BlueGoldAg
    The Aggies hit the road this weekend beginning with CSU Fullerton at 7 pm tonight and then at
    league leading Long Beach State on Saturday.

Live TV on ESPN+ at 7 pm.

Go Ags
  • Russ Bowlus
    Back and forth game--Aggies (mostly Turner) shooting well but not able to play enough defense to capitalize so far. 35-34 at half.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies down 6 going into the 4th quarter. Defense needs to do something about Wahinekapu (21 pts so far).
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies fall 69 - 65. The Ags simply do not take care of the basketball...20 TO's tonight This has been a problem all season and they just don't seem to be able to overcome it.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies lose 69-65. Davis somehow whistled for 10 more fouls than Fullerton. Hmm.

Need to clean that up and not commit 20 TOs!
  • Russ Bowlus
    On the positive side, happy to see three Davis players in double figs.
  • BlueGoldAg
    The conference title 6-peat is certainly in jeopardy this year for the Aggies. It's very hard to maintain the kind of dominance that the Ags have had in the past 5 years in the Big West. The rest of the league has gotten better and we've slipped some this year.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Agreed. I keep seeing flashes of what the team could be, but I don't think they've put together a complete game yet.

This coming Saturday would be a great time do do that. ;)
  • abridge
    We’ve slipped a lot this year. I’ve watched most of the women’s teams play now (thanks ESPN+) and feel we’re in the 2nd division (in old-time baseball talk.) There’s just no bench. And so many turnovers. We caught the 2nd half when we returned home from the men’s game. Not happy viewing.

The Ags will have to bring their very best game to stay with The Beach on Saturday.

I’m sorry to be so negative but I’m not seeing progress with this team. I’m not sophisticated enough to say why or what’s wrong.
  • BlueGoldAg
    There’s just no bench. And so many turnovers.abridge

I said this before, the TO's have plagued this team all season. As a team we are averaging 15+ TO's per game and that leads to a lot points off TO's by our opponents. TO's by our starting 5 by player is as follows: Burns has 46, Hall 33, Konrad 28, Stobbart 26, and Turner 23. Our opponents now know that we are prone to TO's and they are dialing up the defensive pressure and physicality to try and force us to into TO's.

This team shows flashes of brilliance but, all too often, we can go stone cold and play sloppy for long stretches. We really lack depth from the bench also. Svanholm has been the only fairly consistent help off the bench so far and that doesn't bode well for next year when we lose Hall, Stobbart and Konrad.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!