• BaseballAtDobbins
    Big news out of Berkeley, Cal who also played a game in the state of AZ had players who have been vaccinated and tested negative before they left. Yet the city of Berkeley refused to have twenty something players and coaches travel to Tuscon. Supposedly 99% of the team is vaccinated. Kind of reminds me of when the Yolo Health Dept refused to allow the Aggies to play/travel for basketball games despite every other team in Norcal having been granted permission.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    I cheer for both Norcal UCs so this is more directly at arbitrary rules than anything else and Ags should relate given the issues with M/W BB.
  • movielover
    How does the city of Berkeley have legal jurisdiction over a UC game in Arizona?

As if Bezerkley city leaders have nothing better to do.
  • BaseballAtDobbins
    you and I have differing views on politics but in this case I think we are in agreement. It exceeded the rules set out by the conference and the county.
  • cmt
    Seems like a weird situation. The players originally tested positive but then subsequently tested negative, but the positive tests require isolation which is why they couldn't go. But the players are claiming tests weren't mandated but they were forced to take them.

Truth probably lies somewhere in the middle but if it's true that the team is all vaccinated, it seems like a bit much by the city.
  • movielover
    I believe some of the early tests had a high failure rate.
  • cmt
    You mean false positive? That would seem to make sense if a bunch of them tested negative a couple days later.
  • 72Aggie
    I posted this on the football page....but Cal just postponed this weekend's game against USC due to number of postive COVID tests.
    https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/32593272/usc-cal-football-game-postponed-due-covid-19-cases-golden-bears

Game to be played Dec. 4, the day after the Pac12 championship game. That won't present any scheduling conflict for either of these teams this year.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!