• Zander
    I'm not sure exactly if this is planned to be a major part of the brand, but the ucdavis.edu homepage has started to have a script "Aggies" logo over a California outline appear at the bottom of the page. It seems somewhat reminicent of the script "Davis" logo, and seems kind of an outlier in the main university branding which is otherwise moving very minimalist.

I've also seen some masks around campus and in photos with blue and a golden script "Aggies" on the corner.

Don't really have a point here, just that this seemed to come out of nowhere during the horseshoe->lemon CA transition

aggie-logo-white.svg
  • Gunrock47
    interesting. This is the first time I’ve seen this.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Marching band has used a script Aggies on the field for decades--just sayin'. Our adaptation of the script Ohio/Cal/etc, complete with ripple bow and a sousaphone dotting the i.
  • NCagalum
    back in the day we were lucky if we had enough members to do a “”block UCD let alone “Aggies”
  • agalum
    Just like dropping “Aggie Pride” at one time and going with “Aggie Strong” or something like that. Who comes up with these changes? They need alumni on the committee!
  • 69aggie
    On a happier note. Halloween is coming Davis. Do you know that many alumni come back to davis with their kids to do the downtown trick or treat thing. They come from far away and recall how davis was so safe and happy during their days there. There is no hotel space in davis on Halloween! I learned the hard way coming from the sac airport. No rooms! Try and bottle that! I still came into town and all the kids were so happy with their young parents. Sent happy chills down my spine.
  • movielover

I'm still uneasy about the tilted block UC DAVIS logo... it's familiar... but not the scripted Cal or UCLA... just seems odd.

https://images.app.goo.gl/Zq3BfzPfS2WSznoD8

CA logo a home run. (Thank you, Hawk.)

Cal Davis a zero. (Wasn't that flag flown in Kentucky?)

UC Davis white lettering, black background (Ugly)
  • Bengalzrule
    Could be worse. They could get rid of "California" or any abbreviation from the logo, because California is offensive to most of the U.S. and must be cancelled. Maybe Davis builds its own college-Davis University. Put a campus in Hayward (DUH) or Monterrey Bay (DUMB).
  • 72Aggie
    Or calling the teams "The Mustangs."
  • Zander
    I'm convinced that the tilted block UC DAVIS is purely designed to be visible from a distance/on TV/ on a small screen and was not chosen for actual aesthetics. It does succeed on that front
  • cmt
    Cal Davis a zero.movielover

Is the Cal Davis logo actually a thing and if so, where? Honestly curious. I've seen us referred to as Cal Davis on some of the national sites before but didn't know if the university was using it at all.

I know I'm not the only one who hates when UCD is referred to as Cal Davis and it appears you do as well.
  • movielover
    Not sure about logo, I believe we flew a flag at the NCAA championship basketball game in Kentucky that said "Cal Davis".
  • agalum
    “And here’s Cal Davis and his dog pint!”
  • Zander
    There's no Cal Davis logo in the rotation. Script Davis is probably the closest we have to that but it's always stand-alone in that form
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!