• True Blue Aggie
    Opportunity to run the table at home. And the last time we will see Georgi, Lawrence, Brynton, JT and Darius play on Hamilton Court. :(

If possible, get out to The Pavilion to bid farewell to our Seniors.
  • BlueGoldAg
    This should be a really good ball game. Hawaii is a pretty good basketball team and they'd like to give the Ags some payback for the game the Ags won on the island. The Aggies, on the other hand, want to close out their home schedule unbeaten and send their 5 seniors out with a win in their last home game as an Aggie. If the Ags beat Hawaii they will play Irvine for the league championship on Saturday in Irvine.

Be sure to arrive early for the ceremony honoring our 5 senior Aggies.

Go Ags!
  • DrMike
    i saw that we're 7 point favorites, which seems a little high to me. i'd be happy to walk away with 1-point win and send the seniors off with a great sense of accomplishment (and set up a championship game!).
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Just a point of clarification, I may be wrong, but I think tonight's game is meaningless in terms of determining the #1 seed for the BWT. If we lose tonight, we'd be a game back of UCI. A win on Saturday would tie us, and we'd get the tie breaker by virtue of the regular season sweep of UCI. If we win tonight, we'd still have to win on Saturday to get the #1 seed.

Regardless, let's just win out and not worry about tie breakers.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    You're right about the #1 seeding, OBUA. We do, however, need to win tonight to have a chance to win the conference title outright on Saturday against Irvine. The Anteaters beat UC Riverside last night 68-56 at Riverside so their conference record is 11-4 and they currently have a 1/2 game lead on the Ags who are 10-4. A win by the Ags tonight would set up Saturday's game for all the marbles for the Aggies: the conference championship and the #1 seed in the BW tournament.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    You're right...and there is something special about an undefeated home record!

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    (Y) I think tonight is going to be special for the Ags and the fans!
  • ucdavisaggie05
    You nailed it, but let's just win the next 2 and secure at least an NIT bid while doing so. (Y)
  • agalum
    Just got my tickets for tonight!
  • aggie6thman
    Have we ever gone undefeated at home?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    14-0 at home in the 14-15 season
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Great win. Seniors really shined!
  • DrMike
    this team has been great fun to cheer for this season. i hope they can bring home a banner on Saturday (an automatic NIT bid). they have gotten contributions from many guys this year (last night White was big in the first half), they play really solid defense, and work hard on the boards. great group of seniors that the program/campus can be proud of. play the game well, play it right, and represent Aggie Pride doing it!

bring home a banner Saturday.

wife and i are in palm springs the later part of next week -> 90 minute drive to the Honda Center if we're in the finals. i already have the okay for that!
  • BlueGoldAg
    (Y) (Y) (Y) Here's hoping you have a reason to make it to the Honda Center next week, DrMike!
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think you really summed it up, DrMike. This team embodies everything we want to see from Aggie athletes. They play hard all the time, never quit or hang their heads for long and they are so selfless; they play as a TEAM and for each other 100% of the time. If there is one thing that defines the character of this team more than anything else it's HEART. It's been a pure pleasure following this team this year and watching them grow and get better and better.

I was a bit disappointed with the only 2023 in attendance last night but, the fans who were there, showed their love for this team. It was special to see our 5 seniors honored before the game with their families and to listen to each of them address the crowd immediately after the game. They thanked the fans, their families, teammates and coaches and you could see just how much their 4 years of Aggie basketball had meant to them.

I don't know how many people may have noticed this but, immediately after the final buzzer, JT dropped down and kissed the Mustang logo at center court. What a resilient and courageous young man he has been for us these last 6 years. He's been through a lot and persevered out of his love and commitment to Aggie basketball.

Darius said that he "gave his heart and soul to this program over the last 4 years" and he believed "that the program is heading in the right direction." I wholeheartedly agree. With 2 undefeated home seasons in the last 3 years and the possibility of another conference championship if we can win at Irvine on Saturday, Coach Les and his staff have done a great job.

Beating Irvine in the Bren Center on Saturday night will not be easy by any means but I believe that this team is on a mission. No one expected them to be in this position when the season started except perhaps the players themselves and, one thing for sure, they'll leave it all on the court once the ball goes up for the tip. It's who they are.

Go Ags!
  • Toke69
    BlueGoldAg, I agree with everything you said and did notice Adenrele kissing the center court. Also thought the crowd disappointing given how many were at the LBSU game. I wonder if being on ESPN plays a role or maybe it was because it was a weeknight? In the good old days at the gym, we had to get there half an hour early to get a seat and there were only 8000 students. I think, win or lose at UCI Moneke and Lamar deserve to be co-MVPs in the Big West.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!