• movielover
    Sac wins 19-7. Closer than that. Dixie State new DC called a good game. A few inches less on a wide open deep ball by DS, and the game would have been tied up and gone to the wire. Unsure if the DS O line is that porous, or Sac D tough.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Presentation/article on the retrofitted HI stadium: https://spark.adobe.com/page/aQK9mHsxIgcCM/

edit: scroll to the bottom and work your way up if you want to see the correct timeline.

Kinda disappointing that they got rid of the cool rainbow track that's in the satellite photos: https://goo.gl/maps/3FwrictWBjvnZCHq5
  • DrMike
    the link I put in there describes it as on campus. I’ve never seen the campus, just Aloha stadium
  • DavisAggie
    Sac St looked like a middling Big Sky team
  • Russ Bowlus
    PSU not off to a good start.
  • Zander
    Rainbow track might have been a concern for TV viewing (too busy on screen) but it did have more flair than most college track stadiums.

Overall I like what they did, made the best out of not much to work with looks like
  • AggieFinn
    So Portland State lost in Hawai'i 49-35. Story of two quarters, the Rainbow Warriors were hot as a bottle rocket out of the gate going up 28-0 in the first quarter...then either PSU reset or Hawai'i took their foot off the gas, because the Vikings stormed back to 28-35 in the 3rd quarter before ultimately falling.
  • Zander
    I know I'm hyperbolizing a little but it seems like half the conference can move the ball against FBS defenses. Might make for some great shootouts to determine the conference title
  • AggieFinn
    Upset summary:
    UC Davis 19 - Tulsa 17
    Montana 13 - Washington 7
    Eastern Washington 35 - UNLV 32
    South Dakota State 42 - Colorado State 23

Close Calls:
    South Dakota 14 - Kansas 17
    Montana State 16 - Wyoming 19
    Northern Iowa 10 - #7 Iowa State 16
    Missouri State 16 - Oklahoma State 23
    Bethune-Cookman 28 - UTEP 38

So, three Big Sky teams clock upsets, and one nearly takes out another (Wyoming scored 16 in the 4th quarter to beat the Bobcats). It looks like South Dakota State is the team to beat, though Sam Houston State did blow out Northern Arizona, who is no slouch. It'll be interesting to see how the season plays out, who stays healthy, and who finds fire.
  • 72Aggie
    Maybe Kevin Thompson wanted to spend more time with his grandkids.
  • CA Forever
    Holy Cross topped UConn 38-28 too
  • NCagalum

And East Tennessee State beat Vanderbilt 23-3.

. I also would say SD State over CSU was not an upset other than a pro forma FBS over FCS Vegas line.
  • NCagalum
    Interesting that the PAC-12 network is not showing replays of Washington-Montana. The menu lists it (and they have several instances of replays in their (football in 60 min.) but it always comes up as a replay of Washington and Utah from a previous year. Normally replays of PAC-12 losses are honored (at least during the current year) but I am wondering if it got scrubbed from airing due to the embarrassment to the conference. Maybe it should be rebranded as PAC-12 China.
  • Riveraggie
    Stanford’s approach to the Davis win in 2005 was to never mention it.
    I wish we had an opportunity to watch condensed games. ESPN+ doesn’t even cut out the commercial breaks. Tulsa had a coaches show, but it was more of a highlight real. You would think that showing the first downs to run out the clock at end of game might be interesting to get the coaches perspective on , but no. They don’t want anyone to dwell on it either.
  • movielover
    Email administrator Teresa Gould at Pac 12 offices. :razz:
  • NCagalum
    Montana had only 220 yards total offense. Montana won it on turnovers and defense.
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!