• 69aggie
    Oregon is 23-1. Brooke is 10-0. Beat #1 UCLA. Looks like Oregon made a great move in grabbing Brooke. Interesting in Oregon’s bio of Brooke it never even names UC Davis as her first college team, except to note she had 2 no hitters here and UC Davis is only in parentheses. Seems like there is a little guilt there. Emphasis on “little”. Still irks the hell out of me that Oregon snatched her. Meanwhile we are really struggling this season.
  • 72Aggie
    Oregon athletics owes UCDavis too much to be slighted like this. Does the name Mike Belotti sound familiar? And of course many of Belotti's assistants....
  • movielover

Zambokos (sp?)
    Aliotti
    Foster
  • BlueGoldAg
    Big money programs will never give credit to anyone other than themselves...
  • BlueGoldAg
    Good for Yanez. As much as I would have like her to stay and play for the Aggies, she obviously belongs in a power conference program. She would not have had the opportunity to play against the kind of competition she is facing at Oregon and have the level of talent Oregon has to help her win at a high D1 level.
  • movielover
    UCLA gave us few props.
  • 72Aggie
    Much as I wish people like Brooke would stay, I can't blame her for leaving for the opportunity to compete at that level. She has clearly shown she can do it. What few things are available to her in that sport (Olympics?) are more likely to happen from a Pac12 setting. Just think the Ducks could acknowledge her previous school.
  • 72Aggie
    OK, so the (retired) attorney in me looked at Brooke's information on the Ducks' roster. The roster list has her prior schools as Buena Vista HS and UC Davis. https://goducks.com/sports/softball/roster
    The "full bio" never says anything like 'came to the Ducks after a successful sophomore season at UC Davis,' but does parenthetically note that a couple of prior marks, Single Game Career Highs and Career No-Hitters "include 2018-19 season at UC Davis."
    https://goducks.com/sports/softball/roster/brooke-yanez/10209

So UC Davis gets three recognitions, but you have to look for them.
  • fugawe09
    I get what you are saying. Slightly off topic, I had to lookup Olympic softball to see if it's even a thing. It was introduced in 1996, then cancelled after 2008. The conversation seemed to be that USA was too dominant, followed by Japan and Australia leading to medal count politics in Europe. It is back for 2020 (2021) in Tokyo, but I guess is on the "optional sport" list and Paris 2024 has voted not to include it. Will be back in 2028 in Los Angeles.
  • 69aggie
    Just for the record, I definitely do not blame Brooke for her transfer and, yes, good for her. But (and I am not alone on this feeling) I have some negative feelings about the way Oregon goes about its athletic program operation. Some have called it Knight U. For all its glitzy locker rooms, training facilities, uniforms, all from a billionaire alum. and fairly aggressive recruiting tactics. I am not saying the strip club gig, but, well lets leave it there. . . . $$$ says it all. And then there is Stanford who could bury Oregon with its $$, but does not so engage and is always very classy about it’s money. Thank the lord we have Bruce Edwards!!
    My only question: why do some NCAA sports allow transfer w/o penalty and others do not? Criteria? Again, me thinks its all about money.
  • movielover
    What does Mr. Dunning of the Enterprise think about Knight U?
  • AggieFinn

Big money programs will never give credit to anyone other than themselves...
    In my experience, this is how Nike operates.
  • Russ Bowlus
    Brooke transferring to UCLA:
  • 69aggie
    Good for ucla!
  • mich0
    That's great Russ
  • 69aggie
    Is there any limit on how many transfers a player can make and still be eligible? What would happen if so many kids transferred rendering their old team ineligible for lack of players? Very unlikely scenario but possible. Didn’t Oregon lose a lot of players to Texas when it’s coach moved to Texas? I believe that was why they poached Brooke in the first place.
  • DrMike
    well, Mikey Henn is on his 4th team in basketball. That would seem to be the upper limit in COVID times
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!