• TatCChris
    Here is a copy of our Power Rankings. : https://tubsattheclub.com/2021/03/17/bspnweek-4-power-rankings/

I disagree so much with you guys being tied with EWU at the 2!

Whats your thoughts?
  • CA Forever
    Polls have been all over the place with all the circumstances of this season. Some polls have EWU pushing top 10 with Davis in the 20-25 range. Others have Davis and EWU close with Idaho out of the top 25. Not that these polls count, but over on AGS people have Davis omitted altogether from their top 25.

I think based on the results from this season so far Davis should have possession of the 2nd spot, but we have always struggled with EWU. Until we can shake off the boogeyman I can totally understand why folks would have them on level or ahead of us. Only time will tell how these things will play out.
  • fugawe09
    I guess we find out in a couple weeks. The Aggies have always struggled with the Eagles for reasons I don’t know. I don’t think Barriere is quite as magical as he thinks he is, but he manages to pull out wins. With these kind of polls I think EWU and Montana (I know not playing this season) historically get overrated while the three California teams get under appreciated. Which is fine because I think we perform better as perceived underdogs.
  • Riveraggie
    Since the authors don’t know what the poll means, neither do we. As TatCCHris says,it could be how hot the team is at the moment, which makes it hard to complain coming off a loss. However if those are the best teams, Poly has a steep challenge to get three wins out of their schedule, with four games against teams in the top 3. They would have to beat one of the top three along with NAU to get two wins. I don’t put much credence in teams climbing back into games to make it close. When teams are behind by huge margins at half time, the second half rally shows effort, but it’s like points in garbage time in basketball; doesn’t mean they could do it when it meant something,
  • SloStang
    Riveraggie I generally agree about not putting much credence in teams climbing back in the second half, but as for Cal Poly’s game last week I think there are some circumstances to maybe give them a little more credit than usual. First is SUU had a full four weeks of camp and two full games (and 2 more weeks of practice) under their belt. Cal Poly had only three practices before pausing for 17 days and then only three weeks after the pause to prepare for their first game with a new coaching staff, new offense and new defense.

I know that we are huge underdogs this week and I do not expect a win against Davis, but I expect to see some improvement from our fist week. Looking forward to the game. I am also glad that we will see the Aggies again in 3 weeks to see if we are continuing to improve.
  • DrMike
    agree. Look at our first half of the Idaho game; we were much slower, didn’t tackle well, and weren’t smooth on offense. They were moving much faster than us. Second half, we were a much better team and played at a faster pace.
  • Riveraggie
    I’m not saying your team can’t beat us, even twice. I was responding to the argument that out scoring the opponent 17-3 in the second half might indicate something. I concede that rust and new system, new players etc. contributed to your team falling behind so quickly. I also think Southern Utah is definitely better than their record, despite that 12 yard punt.
  • NCagalum
    I also think Southern Utah is definitely better than their record, despite that 12 yard punt. LOL. two of the worst pints in history .... one by each team. I think in part due to rugby style ....... let’s see, run, drop ball, kick while everything in motion, and ..... oh, I forgot to stop chewing gum...... the wheels are coming off!
  • movielover
    We need to start capitalizing on our potential.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!