• Oldbanduhalum
    Koehler did get his share of shots blocked, as did Anigwe. I didn’t mind the blocks too much as it at least showed we were being aggressive to get the the rim. Plus the refs were letting both teams play in the first half. I’d wager that a decent portion of the blocks could have been called fouls.

Koehler struggled with his usually reliable outside shot. He hit his first midrange jumper but missed everything else. Hopefully he reverts to his mean today.
  • DrMike
    thanks; I couldn’t watch most of the game until the end. Koehler hit some key FTs down the stretch. I think Les liked him in at the end got that and that he’s a smart defender. I wish his footwork was a bit better down low cuz he often gets the ball with a clear path when defenders are pressuring us late in the game
  • Oldbanduhalum
    By the way, no Shaw yesterday and I couldn’t see him on the “bench”. I either missed him or he didn’t make the trip for some reason. Hope it’s nothing long term as we was starting to give us valuable minutes.
  • Toke69
    DrMike: There are no reported stats as to who got blocked, but I seem to recall Manjon, Pepper, Ba, Anigwe, and Fuller as well as Koehler getting their shots blocked at least once. Maybe Koehler got his blocked more than the others, as his 1 for 11 would indicate.

I thought the Ags played rather poorly for much of the game, too many turnovers, poor shooting (in addition to all those blocks) and even substandard defense, but they did come through at the end as you mention and their 3 point shooting made a big difference.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!