• Toke69
    The men's team visits San Luis Obispo to play the last place Mustangs (1-11). A sweep would go a long way to giving the 3-3 Aggies a fifth seed in the Big West tournament.
  • Toke69
    Aggies are 27-35 all time against Cal Poly SLO and 10-19 down near Morro Bay, but they are working on a rivalry record 6 game winning streak vs. the Mustangs. If they ca sweep down there, it will become the longest winning streak that UC Davis has had against any Big West team.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Squire is listed in the starting lineup, along with Manjon, Pepper, Koehler and Anigwe. It'll be good to have him back.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Hey we have a Bora sighting. Good to see the freshman out there.
  • DrMike
    i had to look up who he was!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Me too. He's a big boy and showed a nice hook shot. We'll need him if/when we see UCI.
  • DrMike
    starting off cold, 30% from the floor (v their 50), but only down 16-15 with 7:30 to go in the half. little rusty after the layoff?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Refs must have somewhere to go...fast first half.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    And Adebayo is in. Glad he is healthy.
  • Zander
    34-25 at the half, not bad in the end. I think announcers said Ags had a 16-0 run at one point that kinda blew the game open
  • Toke69
    This is a very strange game. Ags have had 10 shots blocked and are shooting only 32%. Only Squire and Fuller have more than one field goal. Cal Poly had not made a shot outside the paint until the last 4 minutes and have turned the ball over twice as much as UCD. We know that the Aggie hoopsters can score more reliably, so I think the "Friday Blues" have hit but it is likely we will still win if they can just avoid all those blocked shots. I think they are forcing the ball too much on the inside shots. All 10 blocks have come on point blank shots. The guys need to fake better or pass the ball out.
  • DrMike
    My live stat is stuck at 10:00 us up 12. I had a zoom meeting trying to follow on my phone. Updates?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We are up 64-54 with 3:39 left.

Now 64-58 with 2:53. We need to make FTs and not turn the ball over.
  • Toke69
    Ags look like they've lost their mojo the last few minutes.
  • BlueGoldAg
    What’s the current score and time left?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    68-61 29 secs left
  • Oldbanduhalum
    We've run some good plays down the stretch to get free throws.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Thanks! I’m in line for my second vaccination and live stats is frozen
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Ags win 69-61. Good win. Not clean but it was good to get some guys back.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Good luck with the second shot.
  • DrMike
    Caught the last 5 minutes on BWTV. Got a little dicey when it got to 6. I don’t like USF
    Going ‘4-out’ with 2 minutes to go trying to milk the clock, but poly couldn’t take advantage of the lack of offense. Defense was outstanding down the stretch as was FT shooting. Sweep tomorrow
  • Toke69
    Great to see Squire back and sinking 3s. Adebayo too. Borra seems to be more athletic than I expected for a 6 ' 11" freshman.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Really like what I saw from Bora. He's a big guy but seemed to have soft hands and could move. He got in foul trouble quickly, but considering this was his first college game, you got to like it.
  • 69aggie
    Could someone remind me how to get a replay of this game. Had to miss it live. Tried big west tv “on demand” but got nothing.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Agree. Borra has a ton of potential. It will be fun to watch his development over the next 4 years.
  • DrMike
    looks like Les is taking advantage of the ‘free year’ to give some young guys time without risking losing eligibility. Last weekend, we saw Ran Pehka get quality first half minutes, today we got Bora. Bora seemed like he met the challenge well
  • Toke69
    Not to be self-righteous about it, but Borra is spelled with two r's. What's in a name? I still don't get where Gunrock came from.
  • DrMike
    thanks for the correction. looks like he lost a 'r' about midway down the thread!
  • Oldbanduhalum
    good point about Borra. Im a terrible speller.

And Gunrock was a horse that was brought to Davis in 1921 for breeding. Students voted a while back to name the new mascot after that horse.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/whats-gunrock-name-100-years-history/
  • DrMike
    you mentioned the blocked shots - was Koehler a victim of many of those? He was 1-11 from the floor (rest of the team was shooting about 46%).

Our defense will keep us in games even when our shooting is just okay. The defense in the last couple minutes was impressive. Poly had to take a lot of clock to finally get a contested shot. Koehler and I think Squire had a double team tie up in the last minute that essentially ended the game.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!