• Toke69
    Since UC Davis has no Big West games scheduled this weekend and I am not going to be tracking any new non-league games, I thought I wold raise the question, What happened to? Maybe those of you closer to the team have better information.

Damion Squire - He's been out for the last four games and we hope to get him back as soon as possible. Anyone know when he might be back?

Ade Adebayo - Seemed like a promising reserve last year but has only played 29 minutes all of this season. Is he injured?

Hugh Hogland - At 6'10" one would think that Coach Les would find him some playing time, given the Aggies lack of height. As a grad transfer, this is his last season of eligibility. (Also, I'm interested i him because he's from Hawai`i and there has never been an Aggies b-baller from the islands as far as I know, let alone a 6'10" one.)

Francsco Borra - See above, but Borra is a 6'11" freshman. Is he redshirting?

Noah Haynesworth - Coach Les has gone deep into his bench, but Noah has hardly played, so I suppose he's simply not that good?
  • DrMike
    Good questions. I think this year doesn’t count for eligibility so no need to redshirt. I was assuming Adabayo was hurt since he was getting quality minutes early. I haven’t heard the extent of Squire’s injury. Was his eye involved?
  • Oldbanduhalum
    No insider knowledge just what I’ve pieced together. Not a lot of answers.

Squire is out with a lower leg injury. Don’t know if that means a hammy or sprain or acl. I assume if it was a season ending injury we’d have heard about it by now.

Adebayo was injured in head/eye at San Diego. Don’t know about the extent but it looked pretty bad when it happened.

Hogland is a mystery. He was hurt early on, I want to say hand but not sure, but played through it. I thought he’d be back but I haven’t seen him on the bench. It might be a new injury.

Borra had an acl his senior year in hs. Roughly a year ago. Les thought he might get minutes near the end of the season but you never know about the recovery period.

Haynesworth was probably going to be the last off the bench this year but I haven’t seen him on the bench so there could be another injury that’s keeping him off the court.
  • DrMike
    thanks for this; I was thinking Squire had the head injury for some reason.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Adebayo's injury was ugly. He took a hard elbow directly into his eye and had the eye covered even a couple of games later. I hope he healing up. It was a serious eye injury. I haven't seen him sitting with the team lately also.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    I thought one of the espn3 announcers said squire had a leg problem but I could be mis-remembering

Yeah Adebayo was really hurting. Reminds me of a visiting player a few years who got hit in the eye. I’ve never heard a guy scream as much as he did. It was really scary.
  • Toke69
    So if there are no redshirts this season, then Kennedy Koehler could play another year (assuming he want to). I think he's the only senior on the team. With some of the new guys looking very good lately (I'm thinking of Shaw, Murphy and Ba in particular) and with some size emerging, the Aggies could be very good next year whether Koehler returns or not. Of course, there is always the problem of transfers, but it seems to me that in recent years, UC Davis has been more of the beneficiary of the increased number of transfers than the loser.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Yeah Koehler is the only senior and could come back next year if he wants to. Another year of maturity for Murphy and Shaw(who had a really nice series vs the beach) and add in some depth with Hogland and Bora and we could certainly have a good size upfront next year.
  • DrMike
    I’d bet Koehler is back since next year will be his 5th- same as if he had redshirted along the way. He’s got a great motor. Sometimes that gets him in trouble with his footwork ( he’s always going 100 mph). He’s a tough guy who works hard under the boards.

Last season when I’m come up solo for a week night game, I’d sit with football guru Sam Young. After a big play, Sam would yell out ‘that’s my man!’ Blue collar guy!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!