• Toke69
    The Aggie men finally get back to action against the Tritons, who are new to the Big West and new to NCAA Division I. UCSD is 2-3 on the season with their two wins being against mighty St. Katherine, a girl's school from West Covina. No, seriously. St. Kat's is an NAIA team from San Marcos. UC San Diego is 0-3 in the Big West, most recently losing to UCSB 84-53. Their leading scorer is Toni Rocak a 6'8" forward from Geneva (Switzerland, not Illinois), who also leads their team in rebounds. ESPN3 will broadcast the game and ESPN gives UCD an 81.8% chance to win.
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Looks like men play at 4:00 PM

At La Jolla, Calif. (Conf.) TV: ESPN3 Radio: Sports 1140 KHTK

Women host at 3:00 PM on Bigwest.tv
  • Toke69
    Oldbanduhalum. Thanks. Hawaii is 2 hours later than California and I managed to flip the time in the wrong direction. I'm just happy when I get the right date.:chin:
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Game Day! Looking forward to seeing the team get the rust off. Hopefully everyone is healthy and ready to get back to it. Hogland played with a hand injury at the SC tournament, so I imagine he's recovered from that. Biggest plus might be Christian Anigwe. At 6'9" and 220 lbs, he could be the best interior defender we've had since JT. Also a little curious if Francesco Borra suits up. A 6'11" freshman, he's recovering from a torn ACL that happened about a year ago. Les said a few months ago that they were hoping to get him healthy enough to play some BW conference games this year. Another big body would be nice, though I'm not counting on anything for this year. Regardless, it'll be great to see the team out there again.

Go Ags!!
  • DrMike
    3 point favorites. Wonder how they come up with a spread in a season like this
  • BlueGoldAg
    I think they consult their Ouija Board!
  • BlueGoldAg
    41-28 UCSD at the half. The Ags are plenty rusty after the 7 week layoff and a step slow on defense.
  • Toke69
    Tritons unusually hot from 3 point range. Odds are they can't keep it up, but will the Ags sharpen their game at both ends enough to pull out a win?
  • MTBAggie
    41-28... Hopefully they can turn things around in the 2nd half.
  • DrMike
    they shot 70% from the field in the first half? wow, didn't expect our defense to be rusty.
  • MTBAggie
    Yep, to our 38%. And UCSD was 70% for 3s.
  • agalum
    My darn espn account is giving me fits. It’s been a while since ive used it but I’m subscribed. Any other way to stream?
  • DrMike
    Wow; down almost 30. Didn’t see this happening even with the layoff
  • aggies07
    I can’t wait for the post game interview.
    My colleagues are giving me a great time on the scoreline.
    Our guys look like more NAIA level rather than D-1 level.
  • DrMike
    can’t believe the Quija board let us down
  • Oldbanduhalum
    Rough game. Hopefully they come out better tomorrow
  • BlueGoldAg
    The Ouija board always worked for me when I was a kid! I expected we'd be rusty but not this. For a program that prides itself on defense...yikes...this was surprising poor...
  • DrMike
    the stats are weird. Forced them into 22 turnovers. Good defense. Allowed 70% shooting. Not so good. Reminds me of a Monty python skit of soccer highlights where one team is the long John silver impersonators!

• movielover
    Triton's first Big West win.
  • DrMike
    was there a post game interview? I wonder if Scott Marsh is there or doing it remotely. He used to actively post on Facebook about his broadcast travels (and other subjects) but he’s been silent for awhile
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!