• Toke69
    We've seen the Men's basketball schedule and, of course, it complements the women's schedule so that the courts are free. I understand why the Big West is doing this since it minimizes travel and thus exposure to COVID-19, but it certainly creates some problems for the teams. It is pretty clear that the teams that have to fly to Hawaii are at a disadvantage (Cal Poly, CSU Bakersfield, UCI, UCSB and Long Beach State) having to play two games in a tough place. Also, since there are two new teams and the conference can't juggle the schedules as before due to these "double-headers" all the teams will not be playing each week, thus the Ags will be idle between Feb. 13 and 26. (I wonder if they can schedule a non-conference game in there?) Finally, I've got to believe that playing a tough team back to back and will not be good for the visiting team. No time to make any adjustments, too. I am glad the conference is making the health of the players a priority, but it's something to chew on. Nothing is normal these days.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!