• CA Forever
    Look similar, but have nameplates on back of jerseys

• BlueGoldAg
    Good looking unis!
  • SloStang
    Well done. Good looking uniforms.
  • DavisAggie
    If this means no more of the awful grey's and solid blue's, it's a step forward
  • movielover
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this a change from our no-names-on jerseys?
  • CA Forever
    I think the last jerseys has sort of a grid pattern on them that I don't see here. They look similar in nature though. I like the addition of the names on the back.
  • Zander
    I noticed that as well. I think the scale/grid thing was an Adidas template because I remember seeing a few other schools have it. I guess we opted for the "no-scale" option this year.

Seems like minimalism is the new theme, excepting the nameplates.
  • Gunrock47
    Looks great. Anything but the grays
  • DrMike
    I think we’ll still see grays; apparently popular with the players. Me? I don’t like. I saw Pitt on Saturday in full gray v Notre Dame. Pitt has some of the prettiest uniforms in college football and they went to something that made them look like a newsreel from the 40’s. Horrible.
  • True Blue Aggie
    These new ones also bring back numbers on the sleeves, as opposed to the block CA.

I never tire of the navy jerseys, over gold(ish) pants with the shiny gold helmet with the CA decal. That look is perfection.
  • 72Aggie
    I'm old...love the classic navy, er, Yale blue, jerseys & gold pants with the gold helmet.

Don't know why any team needs more than a home uni and a road uni, but I guess the players like it. Never figured out why we have grey on any uniform. Not a Davis color, and looks like Nevada or Georgetown or a Civil War reenactment. I'm also enough of an old guy that I like the idea of not having names on the jerseys. No "I" in team...but I guess there's an "I" in uniform. Whatever people might say about USC, they don't have names on their jerseys. They have worn the same uniforms for years. They win more than they lose. (Yeah, maybe USC cannot pay for new uniforms with all the fines and judgments the school is paying for this and that, as well as paying us to get out of a contract...and they no longer earn money from worried Hollywood types trying to get their kids into school by claiming they play on the squash team.)
  • fugawe09
    I like the classic look the best but I'm ok with names on the back. Hopefully will help identify players better when new guys take the field with some of the number sharing that happens. I think the alternate uniform craze is dumb, but has become part of the recruiting arms race with the side benefit of selling fan t-shirts for "theme" games (though I doubt you will see "blackout" and "whiteout" used as themes anymore because of how they sound). I think the alternate uniform thing is an unfortunate offspring of the Oregon / Nike lovefest.
  • 72Aggie
    I have to begrudgingly admit there are practical reasons for names on the uniforms. Look at a program like USC. There are so many players that numbers are repeated with a number on an offensive player and the same number on a defensive player. The game program (at a small forutne) doesn't help as much as having the name on the jersey does.
  • AggieFinn

Man, looks like Gilliam gained 10 lbs. of muscle.
  • blueforce
    Our deal with Adidas is a recruiting asset and I'm glad we're getting the most from it. Flashy gear may not appeal to everyone, but if it sways a recruit or two each year, then I can tolerate the grey uniform experiment.
  • AggieFinn

Flashy is nice, but are these young men getting range of motion, breathability etc. etc. - matters a lot in those hot August, September and October games out in Yolo County. I've always been a New Balance / Adidas guy rather than Nike, just think they have better made products...and I grew up 10 miles from the Nike Campus in Beaverton.

Yale Blue and Gold will always look sharp. So glad Davis doesn't have puke green (wink wink) on its uniforms...forcing the teams to do a "black out" night or something.
  • Firefan17
    I'm with you 100% on taking a hard pass on the crazy "black out" idea. I always just shake my head when I see a school who doesn't even have a hint of black as one of their colors decide to wear black uni's. I get that the players love it and guess it supposedly can help you in recruiting to do stuff like that, but it still drives me a little crazy! Stay true to who you are! I'm right there with you in appreciating our blue and gold!
  • DrMike
    I saw Pitt play earlier this year in some horrible blackish uniforms. I think Pitt’s colors are great and these alternates were just terrible
  • AggieFinn
    Pitt's got a very similar navy blue and gold, and their old school royal blue and mustard also look great.
  • Firefan17
    Amen brother! Pitt's blue and yellow / gold are a fairly unique combination and make for some really sharp uniform combinations. I did a quick search for those black uniforms you saw them in and yeah, their "Steel City" uni's are honestly some of the ugliest I've ever seen!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!

More Discussions