• movielover
    Audit blasts UC Berkeley, UCLA for admitting rich donor kids over more qualified applicants

28 students improperly admitted at Berkeley. UCLA, UCSB, & UCSD also hit.

Audit not exhaustive - there are likely more.

https://www.mercurynews.com/audit-blasts-uc-berkeley-ucla-for-admitting-rich-donor-kids-over-more-qualified-applicants
  • zythe
    I’m not sure we would be in it...but who knows
  • 69aggie
    While the bee did not exactly hide this very bad news about its beloved UC Berkeley, it put the story on page 5. If we were on the list you can bet it would be “top of the fold” front page news.
  • AggieFinn
    Ugh, pats on the back and back alley winks...can't a young person simply get in on their merits and willingness to learn? Geez, the easy way...so stupid. Glad they're uncovering this garbage, and if it's going on at UCD it should be stopped immediately, reprimand those who were involved if so.
  • fugawe09
    Davis receives about 70k applicants a year. If one digs deep enough, there is probably some level of funny business around at least one, especially if the audit goes back to the Katehi years, so I wouldn't be surprised to make the news eventually. It's wrong and deserves to be rooted out everywhere. Probably exists at some level at every university in the country.
  • zythe
    I forgot about Katehi. Man, that era was a wild mess...
  • AggieFinn
    Obviously, the vast, vast majority of students who are admitted get in on merits, aptitudes and abilities. It's just a shame it has to be overshadowed by something so unnecessary. One great thing about UCD, and I don't know the current numbers on this, but last I read UC Davis has the most first time graduates within their family than any other University in America. My Dad was one of those way back in '72.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!