• BlueGoldAg
    The Ags have won their 4th straight Big West Title and have locked up the #1 seed for the BW Tournament. They now hit the road for their final two conference games beginning tonight at CSUN. I'm sure Jen will be trying to keep her team focused on improving and carry momentum into the tournament on a by winning these two games on the road.

Live stream from Big West TV and the radio PxP call by Greg Wong on KDVS 90.3 FM at 7 pm.

Go Ags!
  • BlueGoldAg
    Aggies up 28-27 at the half
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggies take care of business. Trpcic with a cool 10 assists; Turner the leading scorer.
  • Zander
    Playing for not-getting-injured and potentially NCAA seeding now.

If I'm remembering right that the womens tournament factors in regionality more heavily in determining seeds, it looks like there's still a path to get better than a 16 seed. Looking at other West Coast conferences, it would really help us if Saint Mary's or Santa Clara -- who both won today and have worse records than us -- won the WCC tournament. Similarly, it would help if anybody but Kansas City won the WAC. MWC already had their two seed win unfortunately, and I'm not sure the committee would seed a Pac-12 team below us on principle.

Edit: also anyone outside of top 2 in Big Sky winning their tourney next week would be good
  • Oldbanduhalum
    IF we win the BWT, I'm guessing we'll be heading to Eugene to take on Ionescu and Oregon.
  • abridge
    I'm concerned that Ags were absolutely hammered on the boards. In the previous meeting with CSUN they substantially out-rebounded the Matadors. Did anyone watch or listen to the game? What was going on that gave CSUN so many second chance points? We did manage to do well on the turn-over front. We won but having a better game to go into the tournament would be a good thing.
  • BlueGoldAg
    Getting hammered on the boards by CSUN doesn't bode well for the Aggies if they were to get to the NCAA Tournament and draw #3 Oregon like Oldbanduhalum predicts. The Ducks have 6 players over 6'4 including one each at 6'7 and 6'6, 2 at 6'5 and 2 at 6'4. It would be a disastrous draw for the Aggies.

I know the Ags will play hard to win the Big West Tournament and make it into the NCAA but we'd have a much better chance at winning a game or two in the WNIT.
  • abridge
    Yep - we're a much better fit for the NIT. Our RPI is large enough so I doubt if we'd be able to host a game, but hey, that would be nice. Assuming people are actually allowed to attend sporting events. <shudder>
  • Russ Bowlus
    It's a funky situation--what's the motivation to make the tourney for high-seed (14-16) teams? "Yay, we get to have our seeding jacked around to minimize travel expenses for the NCAA instead of possibly getting multiple games in the WNIT...woohoo!" :chin: :lol:
  • Russ Bowlus
    Aggie post players showing off:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B9cUtV6JJDR/?igshid=1ewohffl6b1zj

(There was a video earlier in the week of six of the guards doing the same thing, thus the "do it better" party.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to Aggie Sports Talk!

AggieSportsTalk.com, the pulse of Aggie athletics. The home of Aggie Pride. Create an account to contribute to the conversation!